Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 06:34 PM
Orc

Default Definitive P99 Everquest Classes Tier List

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome to the ultimate and definitive classes tier list. This is the most well researched and well composed document on the subject of classes in Everquest, presented in a easy to read and popular Tier List format.

Without further ado, I present the presentations

Bard

S-Tier

Any class that can level 1-60 by running while naked is deservedly in a class of its own. This S-Tier class can do it all and makes a reasonable replacement for any of the classes its seeks to emulate. Fun and easy to learn hard to master class. Great at all levels.

Cleric

A-Tier

Absolutely essential class if not among the most boring of the classes on this list. The best clerics are group coordinators and people who are super attentive and it is not a class for everybody. Never wait long for a group and get lots of wicked gear easily. Easy mode class.

Druid

C-Tier

The most overplayed class in the game. They offer great utility of a very specific kind but are effectively useless in a group setting, being outpaced in all areas by other classes in a major way. Great for Power-levelling, porting, and soloing. Easy class, not quite the best at anything other than generating passive income but the second best soloers.

Enchanter

S-Tier

The most overpowered class in the game, if you can handle it. Enchanters have the capability to effectively solo almost all available non-raid content. The trade-off being that its a high-stakes affair with charming mobs being your main bread and butter. Also super effective in groups and highly sought after, if you can manage the maniac playstyle you will be able to pick and choose your content at will.

Magician

B-Tier

Big pets, medium explosions. Mages do one thing and one thing well, summon stuff. Most people rate them highly as a DPS class for their pets but the summon utility actually makes them well suited for a number of situations and they can be incredibly effective solo or as a group (especially of mages). Fun to try to break the game with. Not an easy class. Lots of quests and rare items are required to be top-tier.

Monk

A-Tier

High survivability is the hallmark of this powerful class. As the only melee only solo-viable class they are much more capable than their no-mana-having-ass brethren. Feign Death and Mend are a powerful combination in both solo and group situations. Adding good gear on top of this classes natural abilities makes it even more powerful.

Necromancer

A-Tier

The king of solo. Necros offer a lot of fun utility for playing solo as well as supporting groups. They have arguably the best overall summoned pets in the game (in contention with mages) but are able to solo much more easily. Even though they are a very solo focused class they do have uses in higher level group situations. Medium difficulty class to play.

Paladin

E-Tier

The least rolled class in Everquest and with good reason. While likely the best tank for shear survivability and with some ability to solo undead this class is outmatched in all of its main strengths by other classes which you can find more readily. They do some some cool race and gear options but basically one of the worst overall.

Ranger

(Up to) E-Tier

I've listed them at E-Tier instead of Z-Tier because i firmly believe and have seen with my own eyes that if someone spends their time, gets all the best clickies, all the best in slot gear and becomes a ninja with all the skill mechanics Rangers can achieve possible E-Tier, maybe even D-Tier. I believe its possible.

Rogue

F-Tier

One of the most interesting classes in the game. It has reasonable DPS output but in terms of its overall use in groups, solo, the levelling experience and so forth I gotta put em at F. Definitely an solid RP choice but with high emphasis on tradeskills to be effective and ultimately becoming the 'drag my corpse' and 'unlock this door' guy they're just not that great. Cheap to gear and easiest Epic Quest bar none.

Shadow Knight

B-Tier

The best overall tank is coming in at a B due to their low DPS output and soloing being possible but very difficult. They are incredibly group effective and dependent as is normally the case with tanks. The inherent XP penalty on all SKs also can make the levelling experience much more punishing. Troll SKs are ridiculous though. Hard class.

Shaman

S-Tier

Incredible solo and group viability. As well, they get some broken spells like Torpor. Slow to warm up as you level but the buffing potential will make you highly sought after and your survivability and utility makes you as a super effective soloer and duo partner. Medium difficulty class.

Warrior

D-Tier (but swings all over the place)

The most gear dependent class in the game by a long shot. Makes it hard to pin down on this list but when taken in the average and scored overall in all categories Warriors rank very low. No solo capability and out classed as a tank in most situations up until raiding where your gear is in check make this a tough pick for a wide variety of players.

Wizard

E-Tier

Nuance is really not a Wizard's thing. This extremely one-track class has one major function. Press 1 to delete mobs. Very boring to play in a group but extremely high DPS. Almost no utility outside of DPS except for teleporting which gives them a slight bump in viablity due to passive income generation built right in.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Ranger (Up to) E-Tier
lul
Old 03-14-2021, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

I expected this to be a really crappy tier list, but when I came in I was like.. almost exactly in agreement. I might bump necro below monk and cleric but that's freaking it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2021, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Not a raider, huh, OP?

In my tier list of tier lists, I give this tier list an F. Please move to RnF.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Shaman needs to be up with chanter and necro for solo. Druid is 4th best soloer at best behind those, unless maybe it's a situation where druid can charm safely but necro cannot charm.

The assessment for what is "hard" to play doesn't make a lot of sense. Many classes can be played "next level". Ranger and cleric are great examples... a really good player can do a decent job as puller/CCer with either of those.

SK being rated "hard"... not sure about that, aside from the sheer mathematical disadvantage of XP penalties. OP seems to be primarily comparing lower level solo abilities; putting Troll SK above ogre for overall power is just a silly idea. The regen will make soloing more viable, but if you get stunned when you're trying to FD you're gonna have a bad time. FD regen is great, but how often is that gonna be what makes/breaks an encounter?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

Also... rogue DPS output rated as "reasonable" only? As a sustained DPS class the only competition is monk, and both are great sustained DPS. Excepting charm pets, obviously.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:48 PM
Orc

Necros can charm undead, like druids can charm animals, so necros still come up on top. Most of you here including the OP have laughable game knowledge, retreat to your corners and get better.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Buffin' since buffin' since buffin'!
Old 03-14-2021, 11:44 PM
Sarnak

I think druid should be higher. There's a reason they are the most played class by far. Also, rogues higher. Decent sustained DPS, especially against magic-resistant mobs and situations where you can't have chanter pets. Rangers would be better if it weren't for the ridiculous xp penalties. Also warriors higher. Needed for tanking raid targets and tanks in general are needed for groups since no one plays them. Also, I'm not sure why necro shouldn't be in S tier and mage in A.
Last edited by TripSin; 03-14-2021 at 11:47 PM..
Old 03-15-2021, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Rogues way more fun than you're making them out to be, my only gripe with that list though.
Closed Thread