Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 04:45 AM
Skeleton

I agree with the OP. It's not just The Hole that's causing this problem either. At their respective level ranges, the same thing has been happening in Unrest and CT, as well. It's become extremely difficult to even find an XP group (much less actually join one) in zones that don't have the highest ZEM for the level range. Classic was not like that on the Live server I played on (Brell Serilis). There was usually a list of people waiting to get in to groups in SolB, LGuk, Mistmoore, Karnor's, Seb, etc.... On Green, it's usually nothing but farmers, or the rare solo'er in those zones. You wanna talk about "Classic" EQ? Why did VI do the all the zone revamps? They did them to try to encourage people to spend more time in under-utilized zones. I think something should be done for the same purpose here on Green. Randomizing the ZEM might help some, but as soon as people figure out which zone is "hot", the same thing will start again. Ya gotta spread the love around... I'm not saying that all zones should have the same ZEM, but at least even it out a bit so that it's not such a huge difference in XP. When people are still grouping in CT when every mob at the camp is green because it's still better XP than going somewhere else... that's a problem. When people are fighting over whether or not a "camp" that's being cleared by one group should be split in to two "camps", and arguing about who's camp each specific spawn point belongs to... that's a problem directly related to over-crowding in the zone. The over-crowding is a direct result of the zones unique ZEM. Changing the ZEM's could eliminate these problems instantly.

On a related note, I keep seeing people talking about how screwed up the economy is on Green... Well, perhaps if desirable loot was being obtained by someone other than just farmers trying to make a plat, it would help even things out. Just imagine: people might actually be able to XP in a place where they could potentially get gear upgrades, instead of just buying it from a farmer. People could get drops that are useful to the characters that actually got the drop, instead of just PL'ing to 60 and twinking their alt's. Ya know... like how the game was originally intended to be played... focused on the gear you could win, rather than the plat you could generate to buy gear to twink yourself with. I know... pie-in-the-sky ideals, but can you imagine a world where lv 55+ characters were actually trying to group in places to get the gear they want instead of farming lv 40 gear to sell so they could buy the higher level gear? What a thought...
Old 03-19-2021, 05:21 AM
Banned

Kurns ZEM has to be over 500 I can kill a green in Kurns and get more exp than 2 blues in LOIO
Old 03-19-2021, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4Scene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with the OP. It's not just The Hole that's causing this problem either. At their respective level ranges, the same thing has been happening in Unrest and CT, as well. It's become extremely difficult to even find an XP group (much less actually join one) in zones that don't have the highest ZEM for the level range.

Classic was not like that on the Live server I played on (Brell Serilis). There was usually a list of people waiting to get in to groups in SolB, LGuk, Mistmoore, Karnor's, Seb, etc.... On Green, it's usually nothing but farmers, or the rare solo'er in those zones.

You wanna talk about "Classic" EQ? Why did VI do the all the zone revamps? They did them to try to encourage people to spend more time in under-utilized zones. I think something should be done for the same purpose here on Green.

Randomizing the ZEM might help some, but as soon as people figure out which zone is "hot", the same thing will start again. Ya gotta spread the love around... I'm not saying that all zones should have the same ZEM, but at least even it out a bit so that it's not such a huge difference in XP.

When people are still grouping in CT when every mob at the camp is green because it's still better XP than going somewhere else... that's a problem. When people are fighting over whether or not a "camp" that's being cleared by one group should be split in to two "camps", and arguing about who's camp each specific spawn point belongs to... that's a problem directly related to over-crowding in the zone. The over-crowding is a direct result of the zones unique ZEM. Changing the ZEM's could eliminate these problems instantly.

On a related note, I keep seeing people talking about how screwed up the economy is on Green... Well, perhaps if desirable loot was being obtained by someone other than just farmers trying to make a plat, it would help even things out. Just imagine: people might actually be able to XP in a place where they could potentially get gear upgrades, instead of just buying it from a farmer. People could get drops that are useful to the characters that actually got the drop, instead of just PL'ing to 60 and twinking their alt's. Ya know... like how the game was originally intended to be played... focused on the gear you could win, rather than the plat you could generate to buy gear to twink yourself with.

I know... pie-in-the-sky ideals, but can you imagine a world where lv 55+ characters were actually trying to group in places to get the gear they want instead of farming lv 40 gear to sell so they could buy the higher level gear? What a thought...
Better?
Old 03-19-2021, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we're dreaming about things that aren't going to happen, make standard outdoor and indoor ZEM's across the board, then dynamically reduce the ZEM based on how many people are in the zone. The more players, the less xp that zone is.
Yes totally you should be equally rewarded for sitting out in like south Karana instead of playing in a dangerous dungeon
Old 03-19-2021, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Hole was insane XP on Live too at least by the Luclin era and AAs.

The problem is knowledge and people valuing the most efficient exp over loot (the Hole is terrible for loot). If you change the ZEMs again, people will just flock to the next most efficient exp+loot proposition. If you made all dungeons the same ZEM (not classic), then Sebilis would be the obvious play.

At least the Hole can support 8-12 groups comfortably without zone disruption.

I think making the least desirable dungeons the best exp (CT, Kedge, Permafrost, Hole) is the most classic, even if players value things differently now because we know more.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-19-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

I agree about figuring out a way to get people to go to more than just the absolute supreme EXP modified zones. Its not healthy.

I do remember vividly on live how bad the EXP was in dreadlands and OT and frontier mountains, but I did it anyways because there was always 50+ in those zones, less in frontier mountains.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:20 PM
Banned

guess it’s time to give all dungeons the same ZEM
Old 03-19-2021, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guess it’s time to give all dungeons the same ZEM
This, but without the sarcasm.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Can't we all agree that we should be able to ride horses?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine if the ZEMs rotated completely randomly every day. I mean, it aint classic, but it would be inperceptibly classic ;D
Anything you don't like that's classic just keep ripping them a new one. It works.

Effort is toxic, being a bad sport is celebrated and rewarded.
Closed Thread