Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

He didnt, its just his Avatar. And stop crying about ZEM. Be happy you can go to places and lvl, or go 2 places and farm gear. If your burnt out of Hole/Kedge/Perma bear pits/Guards/Neriak Arena/HHK. Tough, go to Kunark and farm gear and get ur nearly 0 xp while farming gear. It means I go to lower guk and only a handful of farmers here. or Seb. Instead of zone full of farmers fighting with those trying to XP.

Bonus Kedge has great loot and great xp. So live there[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-03-2021, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Ah I got excited my bad
Old 06-03-2021, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vheran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I missed the Baler banhammer. RIP it was your time
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What did he get banned for this time
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha good avatar baler, once again.
tyty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I like to change it up, That one you were calling good, is classic bait.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-05-2021, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

ZEMs are way better than they used to be. I did reverse-engineer the classic ZEMs based on research, but there's merit in getting people to go to places like Perma with the reward of higher ZEMs.

Also, let's be honest here, the classic levelling speed is a bit too slow for 30- and 40-something family guys with a few hours a week to play, like most of us are.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, let's be honest here, the classic levelling speed is a bit too slow for 30- and 40-something family guys with a few hours a week to play, like most of us are.
I agree. Can we tone down the xp loss on death too? And maybe increase the base run speed, I don't have time as a busy dad to run across these big ass zones. Or PoK books would be good, let's be honest who has time for any of this shit.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
there's merit in getting people to go to places like Perma with the reward of higher ZEMs.
Perma always makes me think about zone-wide and all-era zems being too broad. For lowbies the current high zem was enough to make it worthwhile for my set group to explore, which I appreciated, but not high enough to rule out the other zones; it's about right. But then the bear pits piggy back that zem, which is arguably too high for early Kunark leveling, then about right post Hole.

Take Lower Guk. The minos and br never need a low ZEM, and the whole place could probably see better use if its zem were raised post Kunark.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

Xp in general is way too low for a lot of high level zones, back in the day the xp was way better for a lot of Kunark zones. If we want classic, Seb should be double the xp it currently is. Raptors in TD xp should be x4 higher. They lowered Seb xp so favored guilds could farm in peace? Wtf? Karnor xp is dead on, but the Hands in Karnor, jail, an basement should be 1.5 more exp than they are giving now. Wack azz server, classic xp grinding was not like this 50-60, 57-60 should be this brutal, not 51-56, should be way easier. Perma is trash, bear pits hold 1 group an 1-2 solo? Good luck getting there and CR or rez. More custom settings to favor the current flavor they want to give their idea of classic. I guess the pull from LIVE TLP servers setting can't be done? Because those aren't truly set to classic? I hear they removed classic zones, updated them with the new zones yet call them TLP? I mean what the azz? The old zones are on the F-ing discs. So let me get this straight, they made LIVE TLP but are too lazy to make true dedicated TLP with all the actuall old zones and content, yet they want you to pay for them?
No wonder all they zones are jacked up, even the LIVE servers got it wrong.
Last edited by NPC; 06-08-2021 at 07:36 PM..
Old 06-08-2021, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Xp in general is way too low for a lot of high level zones, back in the day the xp was way better for a lot of Kunark zones. If we want classic, Seb should be double the xp it currently is. Raptors in TD xp should be x4 higher. They lowered Seb xp so favored guilds could farm in peace? Wtf? Karnor xp is dead on, but the Hands in Karnor, jail, an basement should be 1.5 more exp than they are giving now. Wack azz server, classic xp grinding was not like this 50-60, 57-60 should be this brutal, not 51-56, should be way easier. Perma is trash, bear pits hold 1 group an 1-2 solo? Good luck getting there and CR or rez. More custom settings to favor the current flavor they want to give their idea of classic. I guess the pull from LIVE TLP servers setting can't be done? Because those aren't truly set to classic? I hear they removed classic zones, updated them with the new zones yet call them TLP? I mean what the azz? The old zones are on the F-ing discs, they are too lazy to make true dedicated TLP yet they want you to pay for them?
No wonder all they zones are jacked up, even the LIVE servers got it wrong.
I mean that’s definitely not correct about post-51. It was definitely this brutal. It’s why they later made changes to it (I think either in PoP or Luclin?).

Your other stuff is just baseless claims with no evidence. If you have evidence out it in the bug forum
Old 06-08-2021, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean that’s definitely not correct about post-51. It was definitely this brutal. It’s why they later made changes to it (I think either in PoP or Luclin?).

Your other stuff is just baseless claims with no evidence. If you have evidence out it in the bug forum
Its all 100% correct, I start p1999 5-6 months ago, before that I last played EQ 18 years ago. Everyone playing these private servers or current live got it all twisted, my experience was not infected, contaminated with the current BS. I power leveled a paladin to 50th level in less than a week(2-3 days) 18 years ago so I knew the best xp on the servers, current Xp is wack across the board, ZEMS included.
I tried to recreate the exact experience I had 20 years ago, and it's nothing like it was, Experience, zone population, loot, its all wack to some degree. Hell, level 1-5 should be a breeze an holy F-ck it is NOT on this server. So much so, I would not bother with quest item exp until I got 3rd-4th level back in the day.
I'm not gonna forget killing Treants in South Karana, getting 4-5% a kill, quadding raptors in TD getting 9-10% a quad. Killing a Spectre with 17th level paladin getting almost a full level per kill. Grinding multiple characters 50-60 in what used to be the best zones that are now complete trash. Got my epic solo, guildless. Made 500k MQ jboots out of South Ro, P1999 south Ro? Wack spawns, should be specific triggered spawns, not on P1999.
P1999 server? Treants give about half the xp they should, raptors give like 1/8th or less xp than they should, but should have 5k hps, not 3500. Only 1 Vicious Raptor should be spawning and Dinus only spawns there. P1999 has 3 Vicious Raptors. Vicious Raptors should have 5500-6k hps. Dinus 6k-7k. All of that is wrong on P1999.
Last edited by NPC; 06-08-2021 at 09:21 PM..
Old 06-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

I remember it taking about 2.5 hours per blue in 54 on live in 2001 during Velious. Of course we were exping at a tiny camp in Velks and probably killing like 15-20 mobs per hour in a group of 6 lol.

Anyone else remember a "camp" being literally 4-8 spawns? HHK had a group in each room in the goblin area killing a few spawns and I thought exp was insanely quick there.
Closed Thread