Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-22-2022, 04:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Why is this tolerated

This will more than likely draw out more troll posts then beneficial.

Why do the admin seem to rather cultivate a space for racist behavior, then try to remove it when it is petitioned.

First petition was of Treign(Iksar Monk) from the guild Deus posting a anti-semetic symbol used during WWII. It was petitioned with screen shots, and log files. That toon is still playing regularly.

Second petition was for the name Jooh Dirtyrat a Bard. Again a name that is undeniable anti-semetic.

Is this really the community that they want to have and condone? Silence is guilt.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:39 PM
Kobold

I'm in
Old 08-22-2022, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayandBill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This will more than likely draw out more troll posts then beneficial.

Why do the admin seem to rather cultivate a space for racist behavior, then try to remove it when it is petitioned.

First petition was of Treign(Iksar Monk) from the guild Deus posting a anti-semetic symbol used during WWII. It was petitioned with screen shots, and log files. That toon is still playing regularly.

Second petition was for the name Jooh Dirtyrat a Bard. Again a name that is undeniable anti-semetic.

Is this really the community that they want to have and condone? Silence is guilt.
Fairly certain Jewish people are not a race. Know who else thought they were? Hitler

Also kinda weird how you try to avoid typing the word swastika. Is it because you think that typing or saying it will summon Hitler like he’s Voldemort?
Old 08-22-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Joo want axe?
Old 08-22-2022, 06:07 PM
Aviak

Jooh Dirtyrat isn’t racist. Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayandBill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is in reference to a line delivered by James Cagney from the film Taxi (1932)

Hope that helps
Old 08-22-2022, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

First one idk. Second one is a stretch as pointed out above.

Pretty sure that one guild holocaust did the swastika thing and people got banned as a last straw type shit on Red from what I remember.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:51 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First one idk. Second one is a stretch as pointed out above.

Pretty sure that one guild holocaust did the swastika thing and people got banned as a last straw type shit on Red from what I remember.
That's odd I was in Holo and yeah alot of people cried but I don't recall there being an issue with us getting banned for our names .... people got banned but not for our guild tag nor char names .... pretty sure no one gives a flying fuxx on the game or this forum .... freedom of speech and all ya know .... besides how in God's name could reading Jooh or jew or anything " antisemitic " actually cause you any kind of injury? If it bothers you then I suggest you get thicker skin and grow the truck up . How do you deal with life ?
Old 08-24-2022, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's odd I was in Holo and yeah alot of people cried but I don't recall there being an issue with us getting banned for our names .... people got banned but not for our guild tag nor char names .... pretty sure no one gives a flying fuxx on the game or this forum
IIRC Holocaust got in trouble eventually after...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...189361&page=26

Quote:
04-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

can't believe people trying to defend these actions.

A picture of a corpses designed in the shape of a swastica with a bunch of characters that have <holocaust> above their head standing around it.

i mean.. just read that ^. whether it's a joke or not.. terrible for this server to be doing/posting shit like that.

not saying this because im overly sensitive.. im sayin it cuz its the troof.
And this is why we can't have nice things. Robin Williams died and some boob thought it was a great idea to corpse a bunch of similarly named characters all over Norrath. There might have been a tribute to Aradune at one point, similar to the Vanguard emulator, except for the fact that even more chuckleheads would have corpsed a bunch of characters with drug references in their names and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
freedom of speech and all ya know
https://journal.neilgaiman.com/2008/...ky-speech.html

But the players in question aren't writing books for public consumption, they are playing elf characters on a server owned and operated by people who generously let the public log on with the simple understanding that they need to abide by the rules.

Quote:
besides how in God's name could reading Jooh or jew or anything " antisemitic " actually cause you any kind of injury? If it bothers you then I suggest you get thicker skin and grow the truck up . How do you deal with life ?
Actively trying to be offensive because lol is just as bad as eagerly waiting to be offended at every opportunity. That said, a person can be immune to offense/stoic and have basic standards/expectations for behavior. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Oh I forgot, fun story to add.

I remember back in the day during Velious on live when I was in middle school, I remember one of my classmates a few grades above me got his account suspended for doing the whole "oh man lemme try your gear on my character" scam, and told the GM who sent him a tell to go and "Stick a crucifix up your cunt". No ban I was shocked.