Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was in Paw last night, Enchanter had a charmed gnoll pet. The Mage gave the pet two Swords of Runes. It was not fair. It was not remotely fair.

(The only other time I have seen "not remotely fair" is fear-kiting with 3 rogues in the group.)

When people say chanters are OP, this is the scenario we're talking about. We didn't need a tank, and we didn't need DPS. We had a full group simply because we took all comers.

And yes, part of it is group support. When charm breaks, I had Holy Might ready to go (plus I Courage Line/Symbol chanters when they're charming). Its 6 second stun is generally enough time to get any charmed mob back under control.

Saying chanters have to be able to solo named rooms if they're to be considered OP is a valid request but honestly being able to replace entire roles in a typical pickup group (tank, DPS) while at the same time bringing other requested functions (CC, Clarity) is what makes them OP.
I agree with everything in this post. if you have a good group supporting you and buffing up your pet and baby sitting breaks yes, chanter is fucking hella op
Old 12-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if you saw the original post but it was that "untwinked" enchanters can do this...

once we start talking puppet strings wouldn't we be in twinked territory?
Go do it without puppet strings and record the evidence.

I think this is going to be a little harder than you think, but possibly doable.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear that. *high fives the air*
I dare you to actually play one seriously. I can't help but feel that the vast majority of people complaining hard about enchanters are suffering from miscomception or a grass is greener type syndrome. But also I haven't gotten enchanter to the highest levels yet on P99 so maybe it gets more ridiculous later.

Also, it's a PVE game everybody...
Last edited by TripSin; 12-23-2019 at 11:55 AM..
Old 12-23-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

How many mana sieves does it take to run efreeti dry?
Old 12-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dare you to actually play one seriously. I can't help but feel that the vast majority of people complaining hard about enchanters are suffering from miscomception or a grass is greener type syndrome. But also I haven't gotten enchanter to the highest levels yet on P99 so maybe it gets more ridiculous later.

Also, it's a PVE game everybody...
I actually do have a pretty prominent enchanter. I apologize for setting that trap. I wasnt aiming for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2019, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

the guy claiming to mow through yellows on an enchanter also claimed he can solo efreeti as a 50 bard, so let's take everything he says with a grain of salt!
Old 12-23-2019, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the guy claiming to mow through yellows on an enchanter also claimed he can solo efreeti as a 50 bard, so let's take everything he says with a grain of salt!
Won’t even be remotely possible until bards get their new charm.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

If you want to manasieve Djarn in order to kill it, you don't have the slightest clue.

That's really stupid given that his main spell has a 6.3 second cast time, which combines well with a properly timed AE stun for 10+ seconds of him doing nothing.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many mana sieves does it take to run efreeti dry?
He can cast at least 5 ice comets, so 2k+ manapool.

Manasieve takes about 300 at 50, so you are looking at at least 7 casts.

Manasieve has an 11 second recast (3 sec cast + 8 sec cooldown), so you'd be looking at 77 seconds of casting nothing besides sieve. In practice it would be more due to his manaregen.

Djarn is a lvl 50 mob, doubles for 140. If he does more then 77 dps to your pet, the pet would be dead in the 77 seconds it takes you to manasieve the mob.

It is obviously far better to haste and arm the pet, and just burn Djarn while timing stuns.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You ain't soloing efreeti for long at level 50. You might get lucky for a round or two, but the level difference is too small to do anything consistently other than ranger gate.

Some of you people just can't get your head out of blue's ass.
Yeah didnt say farming nonstop. Said they will solo it. And i am correct and you know it.
Closed Thread