Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 11-30-2022, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of my friends want to play P99 with me and they never played EverQuest back in the day, but I don't want them to play until a new server launches, because I want them to get a better feel for how the game when it was teeming with masses, and most zones were super packed.

But even still, it'll never be the same. I remember Qeynos Hills, and Qeynos being super populated people, players just randomly adventuring in every nook and cranny, and you really never see that anymore, and may never see something that replicated in any future MMOs either due to the internet and how easy it is to share and access information.

I guess one solution for future MMOs would be to have every server a little bit different. Like the servers could have all of the same zones and cities, but have them randomly generated so that each one is a little bit different and thus, harder to navigate or know for sure where the rare spawns / camps are.

Ya it’s sad no one just adventuring around really at all in any form of eq anymore like 1999-2003

Used to just find people figuring stuff out being level 8 but fully decked out in nice looking bronze armor for bartering with people and whatever. Different world and different perspective. It lives in our hearts. A level locked new server will be a decent replica as people will have a reason to go through all the level appropriate quests because there is nothing better to do other than level an alt which itself will keep the zones busy and interesting.

Here’s to hoping, but there won’t be people just role playing near the bard stage in Qeynos like the old days with 50 people wandering past them wondering if they’re an NPC or a player
Lost but not forgotten.