Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

Default [Elf Laywer Quest] FoW vs Seal Team

Ahoy da mates.

I am a member of Seal Team, and I love my Yankee Boomer friends, but i have often no freaking clue whats going on behind the scene. I pretty much "just follow the orders"....
(btw I speak here only for myself and dont represent anyone but myself)

Usally I wait for a TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R version of a "drama-story" or some Elf-laywer quest but this time I though I try to follow one of these storys from the beginning to the end.

I consider myself in this as neutral?! even though I am a member of ST. Maybe we win maybe we lose, I accept the outcome...have to hehe.

Anyways, I kind of watching at this situation like people might did 30 years ago during the OJ Simpson trial.

But what is it all about right now?

So both guilds had a race on 1 or 2 dragonz going on and my guild ST fucked up a pull and FoW died to it. We did together the CR, my guild conceded, and we moved on, few min later an afk rogue from ST came back from afk and caused by mistake another wipe on FoW to which my guild extended the conced. But FoW dont believe it and suing us to get more. And now GM judges have to check the evidence and decide what they do with it.

There are for sure more details to it but I think thats like the core point ?!

As I mention I didnt really follow all drama-storys or Elf-laywering, but I remember that when I played on blue very casual Ive seen some big Elf-laywer thing going on where 2 top guilds (Aftermath & Awakaned) got banned pretty much every other week to a point where both guilds got banned for 1 or 2 full months.
So I am asking myself; is this the only possible outcome in such Elf-laywer quests? Or was this more of an extraordinary situation with a peak back on blue?

I mean shit can always happen when 50 vs 50, 80 vs 50 or 60 vs 80 vs 100 try to aim for the same target. And I dont need to be a gypsy to see more of such situation happening in the future where 1 guild kills another.

Think it would be the simplest and best for both guilds if they find a solution before a GM rules in this matter, because even though I didnt really had much talk/experiance with the GMs here it seems like(?!) that if the GM have to rule then its for sure that someone's ass will be bleeding, and its for sure not theirs.

So what are the possible outcomes in such situations?

- ST gets banned for X days from dragon/zone/game
- FoW gets banned for X days from dragon/zone/game
- Both guilds gets banned for X days from dragon/zone/game
- GMs say what they think about it but at the end dont punish anyone

Or are there other options? Because even though I try to be as neutral as possible, I think that a raid ban would hurt ST more than FoW and this wouldnt be fair if both guilds gets the same punishment right?

So I think it would be funny if FoW lose on this then their punishment should be that their guildname changes for 1-2 weeks into "Force of Vill" (Vill is an ST Officer and my personal peridot suggadaddy).

Or if the GMs rule in favor of FoW but dont consider the outcome as dramatic as them, then Seal Team have to be the bitch of FoW for 1-2 (random)targets and kill them for FoW. (if you role a 1 we kill Naggy for you, if ya role a 23 we kill Vulak for you, etc.)

These are just small brainfart ideas, but I think in general such outcomes would be funny and calm maybe many of the angry pixelpoopers down a bit?!

Anyways, please dont consider this as a hate/troll post. I am truely interessted in the whole process right now and simple like to exchange with other people who following this right now.

smell ya around

Dromo

(sorry about my english)
Old 08-05-2021, 07:37 AM
Orc

So glad I don't do the end-game
Old 08-05-2021, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guggle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So glad I don't do the end-game
This
Old 08-05-2021, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Relax
Old 08-05-2021, 09:46 AM
Banned

I smell ya
Old 08-05-2021, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Interesting thread. As a member of Black Lotus and now Force of Will id totally be down for some super random other punishment that would be super embarrassing . Being at all these raids i can tell you another guild attempting to leapfrog you several different weeks and and causing several massive wipes severely delaying any guild from progress should have some punishment. Unfortunately with both minimal punishment and even some punishment that was more fitting in the past ST leadership doesnt really seem to give a shit and just continues doing whatever they want to do. Id love to see a temporary guild name change for like 2 weeks that would be embrassaing. Killing a mob for another guild doesnt interest me, we dont need hand me down pixels. Again, really interesting thoughts on the matter...
Old 08-05-2021, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Autism, hope that helps.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:24 PM
Orc

I think it's pretty clear from previous and recent precedents set that even if done with ill intent, the punishment is pretty minimal, if anything at all. In fact, there's been a pattern that if the rules were poorly defined (and that's happened quite often where terms like 'immediate' engagement or engaging 'shortly after' weren't well defined), then the decision ends up as "it wasn't well defined, so let's just define it with more rules and requirements for next time but this time the guild that bent the rules and screwed another guild over wins and gets to keep their ill-gotten pixels." Basically the message is you can do whatever you want as long as you find some loophole to spin your way out of it.
Last edited by Lightbringer55; 08-05-2021 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 08-05-2021, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So both guilds had a race on 1 or 2 dragonz going on and my guild ST fucked up a pull and FoW died to it. We did together the CR, my guild conceded, and we moved on, few min later an afk rogue from ST came back from afk and caused by mistake another wipe on FoW to which my guild extended the conced. But FoW dont believe it and suing us to get more. And now GM judges have to check the evidence and decide what they do with it.
Super Important Context - Seal Team did not concede on the first train, as is expected in situations like this. You can see the screenshot clarifying that it wasn't a concede, in the official petition document. Along with not conceding being a pattern of behavior, as FW saw the weeks before.

Also Important Context - The second train was advantageous to Seal Team, as it ultimately slowed down our force / prevented us from effectively engaging other targets.

Also Important to Note - Seal Team has made Kingdom (I think? or maybe Ven in the past?) concede a VS after Seal Team *won* at VS, after it was discovered a Kingdom or Venerate enchanter freaked out and had fat-finger tashed VS. Kingdom/Ven then had to take responsibility for the accidental of their member, because Seal Team demanded they do so even though it didn't even cost them the mob in question.

Most important Context - The two mob concede happened in shout **much later**, after Seal Team scored a Jorellag kill. A kill they didn't have to compete against FW for.

Sorry for the long post - but context is pretty important.

This was the third time, as I understand it - that this has happened to us from Seal Team. We are a semi-casual guild with families and goofballs, but when we do compete for targets - we want to have that competition be fair. This ToV situation and standard as is - is getting a little out of hand. It's not okay.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:25 PM
Sarnak

Also, Congrats to you guys on Server first AoW. That's a hard fight.
Closed Thread