Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 02-28-2022, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't custom implement shit because devs are dumb and will fuck it up. Keep it classic manastone drops during classic, firepot binding during kunark etc.

If you leave it up to the masses to vote the dev will pick the dumbest fucking suggestion proposed by the biggest taint fondler and run with it.

Just play on VZTZ to see what I mean, Cwall and Kringe convinced Voidd mage pets should be impossible to CC and now you have pets running around you can't fear or root even when they are unbuffed.
Lol. Jiffy Cranberries
Old 02-28-2022, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't custom implement shit because devs are dumb and will fuck it up. Keep it classic manastone drops during classic, firepot binding during kunark etc.

If you leave it up to the masses to vote the dev will pick the dumbest fucking suggestion proposed by the biggest taint fondler and run with it.

Just play on VZTZ to see what I mean, Cwall and Kringe convinced Voidd mage pets should be impossible to CC and now you have pets running around you can't fear or root even when they are unbuffed.
Everyone involved in that server are half ass coders who fix one thing and break two things.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:47 AM
Orc

If someone can roll a necro on day 1, gather 100 manastones and finance all his other characters for the remainder of the game, then make it much harder to get a manastone. Make it 1/1000 times less common, so that guy has to work 1000 times harder to get those. Now he can't gather 100 manastones in a month or two, but rather in a year or two. Now it isn't such an attractive idea anymore. Now the guy can skip the necro and just play the characters he really intends to play. And everyone else has the same low chance of getting a manastone.
Old 03-01-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Correct solution to legacy items is that they don't drop. Just like on sullon zek.

If we make them NOT drop, it can be a proper sullon zek server ,except sullon launched with all eras activated and was not a timeline server.

Its got to be custom, or not in at all.

Legacy item is a concept invented in p99 and red and green both got to be servers where those items were very important. On blue it was a more novel experience for the most part.

But on the next red and the next green I would much prefer if I didn't have to make my main game strategy how I get legacy items for the characters I care about. I don't mind doing it, but it isn't the most fun way to play EQ and I know that having experienced it both ways and succeeded with Gustoo to get the legacy items I wanted.

It would be better for everyone if there were no manastones, no all/all guises, ETC.

There are other reasons to play the game and more fun things to do during vanilla era.

But I think a custom implementation of these items would be best. Maybe shifting drop point so the battle area changes over time, forever. Manastone ultra ultra rare drop but never out of the game, so there is a DEATH PVP pit for camping the manastone where you can go and face hell at basically any time in the game history.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 03-01-2022 at 02:33 PM..
Old 03-01-2022, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

And it can't be a raid mob. It has to be pretty much solable at level 50, so you can tactical strike to steal the kill and the chance of a manastone drop.

Good fun.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-02-2022, 06:16 PM
Kobold

Is fine as is

NEXT
Old 03-02-2022, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

In my experience, devs usually know dick all about PvP coding and will choose the dumbest fucking troglodytes suggestion over what is common sense or generally known.

For example Nilbog still doesn't believe SoL, Chaotic Feedback, Poison Bolt and Shock of Blades have a -resist modifier in PvP. When everybody on Rallos and Sullon knew this was 100% fact, so you have toons resists what should be nigh unresistable spells.

Slam still doesn't work on red99 and misses 95% of the time.

When you can't even get a classic server coded classically you really wanna confuse these retards by asking for custom changes?