Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-05-2022, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default New Batman

Spoilers below probably.

What do you think?

I liked the style, and the batmobile, and the way batman stands around looking at people, and the lack of anne hathaway.

I don't like the 30 minutes of face time I was forced to have with a psychopath (always bookended with batman doing something cool), or how the bad guy was a good guy. These movies are more and more about programming the viewer and it's pretty appalling.

The starting was the worst starting I've ever seen, when it opens with a news broadcast. I was scrambling for my remote controller in the theater to turn on Seinfeld. Made me clenched for the first like half hour of the movie.

I think these movies should be rated ages 30+ only though. Anyone younger is too young to see these for the brainwash tools they really are.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-05-2022, 04:27 AM
Planar Protector

What's the brainwashing intended to achieve?
Old 03-05-2022, 04:45 AM
Banned

My younger co-worker was trying to hype it like it was this dark and “noir” style (he hadn’t seen it yet just what he had heard)

I’m like how were any of the last Batmans not dark? And I have no idea what noir is
Old 03-05-2022, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

Batman style has become progressively darker in the theaters and this is no exception to the trend. It think there are two daylight scenes in the film and IIRC it's raining cats and dogs.

So it is all the things your co worker said.

Jibartik - I dunno, to have teens post on social media to a group of followers before they carry out an extremist attack justified by whatever reasons they decide their victims deserve to become victims of an extremist attack?

decide for yourself if you see it, there is no reason to have the quantity of 1 on 1 face time with psychopathic messaging that the film contains.

Noir he just means like detective dark style "it was a piece of shit night and i was in bad shape and hung over and in walks a case that i had to take for various reasons, I'm john gumshoe" that kinda story line.

There are criticisms of this story line but overall it had good vibes besides significant unneeded manifesto footage.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-05-2022, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Batman style has become progressively darker in the theaters and this is no exception to the trend.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2022, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

damn that is awesome. ^^

If you've never seen the EXTREMELY LONG HYPER LONG FULLY LONG extended version of the watchmen film, it makes an OK movie into a fantastic movie. Highly recommend. Not just the directors cut. I think its called the ultimate cut. Its long as hell. The main thing is the tales of the black freighter being added back into the film as it is in the comics, it completely fixes the pacing and informs about the whole damn movie. I can't believe how much better it is. Goes from a 6/10 to a 10/10.

Compared to the new film, Christopher Nolan's batmans are very cheery and refreshing. This was almost as dark as possible.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 03-05-2022 at 04:56 AM..
Old 03-05-2022, 04:54 AM
Banned

^
Lol@ that comic. And watchman was an underrated movie IMO

Ty for explaining Noir to me, that makes sense. I like dark, especially dark endings, but I don’t really see movies much, still would need to see Spider-Man no way home which I heard was real good

But appreciate the heads up on it in case I do
Old 03-05-2022, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My younger co-worker was trying to hype it like it was this dark and “noir” style (he hadn’t seen it yet just what he had heard)

I’m like how were any of the last Batmans not dark? And I have no idea what noir is
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Planar Protector

Old 03-05-2022, 04:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn that is awesome. ^^

If you've never seen the EXTREMELY LONG HYPER LONG FULLY LONG extended version of the watchmen film, it makes an OK movie into a fantastic movie. Highly recommend. Not just the directors cut. I think its called the ultimate cut. Its long as hell. The main thing is the tales of the black freighter being added back into the film as it is in the comics, it completely fixes the pacing and informs about the whole damn movie. I can't believe how much better it is. Goes from a 6/10 to a 10/10.

Compared to the new film, Christopher Nolan's batmans are very cheery and refreshing. This was almost as dark as possible.
watchmen is amazing I think it's one of a few movies out there that is truly unlike any other movie out there. It makes it a real work of art IMO.

Idiocracy is in that echelon.