Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-24-2022, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

Shouldn’t be able to bag gear to circumvent item loot.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-24-2022, 04:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like if i had more motivation for 2.0 id push for item loot so i could take my 60 sham and grief the lowbie pop. But i dont play that.
Obviously i cant do that since its FFA 4 levels not sullon lol. I guess i wouldnt have the motivation to do it since id have to farm gear for twinks but im sure many people have 5 parked twinks already geared up and those would be the kind of players to be incited to log back in with a plain item loot change.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn’t be able to bag gear to circumvent item loot.
Thats how it was on Rallos. One piece, any piece, besides weapon slots, bags cant be touched. Feel free to discuss alternative loot setups, maybe a 1min timer since the last time you got hit to bag stuff.
Old 03-24-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Jim jam what’s so bad about people bagging?

Nothing more satisfying than watching a player on auto run with his gear slowly disappearing one item at a time then landing a blind knowing he’s absolutely
Shitting his pants.

Tradesonred I know that a twink is very hard near impossible to kill for junk noobs. That’s how it is now. The difference is only that SOMe people will contrive to fight the twink simply for the prospect of loot. Other people will log an alt or move to a new leveling area, no problem. Some people will log an “anti Pk” alt and come try to slay the guy.

It isn’t flawless but it’s a thousand times better than the current system which isn’t fun enough to either the twink murderer or the guy trying to grind.

Like we might as well be considering no pvp enabled until level 40 or something because of how pointless it is.

Literally starkind is the only player I ever saw fight a Pk outside of defending a camp with a group (no option to flee) or defending a raid (no
Option to flee)

Everyone else went for a zone line and found something else to do.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about we just turn item loot on for low level pvp. You can disable it for level 51+ for all I care since those guys seem to be the most worried about getting steamrolled during a raid and losing equipment.

Sure, hardly any new players are going to join because of item loot being turned do.

But at least that way we have a decent server -in theory-

Meaning if a twink comes around in someones mega dreams they could harm touch the guy before a train kills him and take something neat. Regular scrubs wear low end gear no problems there.

I'm ready to play 3hrs a night 4x a week 10pm-1am pacific time with new ruleset, just to gear up my twink good guy.

If someone did want to bring new players to red, I would say we open it up with a special PVP event where character select gives you a level 10 gnome warrior with small bronze bp, legs and vambs and maxxed skills and fine steel long sword and you have a free for all super brawl PVP with instant respawn and you're out of the tournament once you are all out of bronze armor.

Prizes are DE masks, Manastones, Firepots binds, other stupid legacy shit.

Also on the spot guild creation.

Also server agrees to get deleted if less than 60 players show up to the event :P
on a scale from 9 to 10 how high were you when you posted this
Old 03-24-2022, 04:58 PM
Banned

No need for this heavy-handed stuff.

Rallos was great because there was an economy, pvp was happening, had a PK non-PK dynamic. It all worked organically. Once its coded, you dont have to touch a thing. The no drop event on Rallos was much friendlier than it would be here im sure as it was easy to get a port to the zones where the event was popping (it was on a rotation, like it popped in EK, then that mountain zone, etc) there was sort of a non-official unspoken ceasefire in effect as everyone was scrambling to gather their no drop pieces.

Thats why it should be a recurrent thing (or better, added to loot tables) here because griefy poop sockers would work hard to prevent people from getting their no drop pieces, to keep that big tactical advantage(TM) if it was a one-time event.

Keep it simple, boost what was working on Rallos, make what was working even more fun. As detailed in my post on page 2. We will likely never get that as well, but here is a working 2.0 setup on a silver platter if they wanna look into it.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-24-2022 at 05:02 PM..
Old 03-24-2022, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep it simple, boost what was working on Rallos, make what was working even more fun. As detailed in my post on page 2. We will likely never get that as well, but here is a working 2.0 setup on a silver platter if they wanna look into it.
Page 1 actually
Old 03-24-2022, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Jaydee: hehe

Tradesonred: I am expecting zero custom from staff, so a simple item loot enabled, with a cut-off for item loot to keep level 60 fat cats happy is my proposal.

I agree about the halloween event that was glorious. People don't stay lowbies long in the p99 emu world with all the good wiki and all the good help so I am less concerned about those low level no-drop items being mandatory.

I pretty much think of people in two categories: 1. Grinding, wearing gear they don't mind losing, and 2. Fighting, wearing the best stuff they're willing to risk to win.

If someone comes around to stomp on noobs, you can bet a rival PK is going to show up to fight that guy and try to steal his armor. The noobs getting their ringmail and cloth stolen risk very little.

The level cap on PVP just means the high level game can stay unchanged. The justification for this is mainly because level 60 guys are pixel rotted weirdos, but the "official" justification is that at high level PVP happens for high value camps and mobs and therefore needs no additional incentives to fight back vs log out and leave.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

R99 is thriving, 46 players online
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-24-2022, 07:10 PM
Aviak

86 last night. Poopsockers all retired to bitch on the forums. The pop is gainfully employed. They don't have to come back. It will grow as the miserable derelict turn to ash.