Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-10-2022, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Default Any plans to switch the forum?

Ahoy da mates.

I was wondering if the Staff is planning to ever change this forum and maybe use something where you can upload videos and pics etc?

My english isnt the best and I have no clue about these things, but this forum apears to be "old standart".

Dont get me wrong, if ya like it how it is thats fine with me.
Old 08-10-2022, 01:03 PM
Skeleton

You can't upload videos in 1999
Old 08-10-2022, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahoy da mates.

I was wondering if the Staff is planning to ever change this forum and maybe use something where you can upload videos and pics etc?

My english isnt the best and I have no clue about these things, but this forum apears to be "old standart".
You are absolutely correct about the forum being "old standard" ... or to put it more accurately, it runs a very old version of the vBulletin forum software.

The funny thing is, the staff did try to upgrade it, years ago, and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont get me wrong, if ya like it how it is thats fine with me.
... exactly that. As you're probably already aware, this forum is full of man-babies, and they all complained the moment things changed, demanding the staff change it back. Plus, even the non-man-babies made this point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoMaleick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't upload videos in 1999
... or in other words, if our game is old, our forums should be also.

So, the staff went back to this old version, and now they will never change it (they've said as much), because they've made a bunch of custom changes to this version of the forum, to handle petitions and such, and they'd lose all that work if they ever upgraded.

Like it or not, we're stuck with an old forum here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-10-2022, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Whatever happened to the in-game message boards by the bard guilds?

-Mcoy
Old 08-10-2022, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
Those message boards were in the taverns. The textures for them can still be seen in-game on P99. However they don't do anything on Titanium. If P99 had used an older client, like Trilogy, they could've been made to work. My recollection of them from the original game was that because they did not link to forums outside game, they were never THAT heavily utilized and were pretty much dead/abandoned by Velious era, hence Sony later discontinuing them.

Danth
Old 08-10-2022, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
man-babies
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
... or in other words, if our game is old, our forums should be also.
And so should our shitposts! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
That would be truly amazing if the forums and wiki were contained in them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2022, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

ezboards or bust
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-10-2022, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder if we could skin the boards to look like that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2022, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if we could skin the boards to look like that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know for sure, but I believe even this older version of vBulletin allows for custom CSS, which means we almost certainly could do it. However (to shitpost with an even older meme) ...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-10-2022, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

*starts learning new skill