Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-13-2022, 12:17 AM
Fire Giant

tov 2h or 2 shit weapons, i dont know why this is even a question
Old 10-13-2022, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh toxigen how the forums have treated you, you used to be more pleasant back in the day. Anyways, of course it’s almost a no brainer but let’s say I paired the hammer of battle with oh I don’t know infestation or a decent hate generating item, we still going with the 2h just because of ratio? I heard there was an update to 2h in some patch but I haven’t played this char in over 2 years.

hammer of battle sucks, cause its primary, hope that helps. Sorry you made it this far and dont realize it yet.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Idk there are so many douches on the forum. From my testing this chart is accurate for 2h weapons in the current timeline up to 60. https://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html?setcookie=1

If you look at the row for your delay (44 delay) you can see the damage bonus at your level. It scales really quickly post 55 but ahead of that your ratio will still give nice consistent white damage aggro.

Things to consider:
-your damage bonus is affected by level and isn’t great below 50. At 49 it’s only +15 which will affect you aggro generated against a high lvl char.
-melee aggro is effected by haste, and your haste cap below 51 (74%) and below 55 (84%) are going to seriously affect your ability to generate white damage aggro against let’s say a lvl 56 epic rogue at max haste.
-procs are not impacted by this level/haste so getting good proccing weapons could help you keep aggro, but it will be very streaky
-the meta consideration is your dps, you should do solid dps with that weapon which depending on group composition may or may not be critical to your experience.

Short answer, it’s a great weapon just roll with it. Long answer see above ^