Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-31-2022, 01:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too Many people here are obsessed with getting their Epic. The epics aren't really that amazing. Despite calling them an Epic Quest, they don't actually make your character "Epic". A Enchanter with/without the Epic is till the most powerful class in the game. The Shaman still 2nd most powerful with/without epic. 3rd for necro and on and on. Epic is just nice little item. No of them really game changers in any form.
You should give us all the hookup on where you get whatever it is you're smoking.

Shaman epic is game changing, Cleric epic changes the entire raiding and server landscape dramatically, Monk epic is effing massive, Rogue epic is the closest you get to BiS without basically NToV level loot. Warrior epics actually enable warriors to generate good threat outside of again, NToV level loot, etc.

Yes many of them fall more into a nice stat stick with QoL enhancements, but to say they're not epic i think is reaching.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutark Validus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should give us all the hookup on where you get whatever it is you're smoking.

Shaman epic is game changing, Cleric epic changes the entire raiding and server landscape dramatically, Monk epic is effing massive, Rogue epic is the closest you get to BiS without basically NToV level loot. Warrior epics actually enable warriors to generate good threat outside of again, NToV level loot, etc.

Yes many of them fall more into a nice stat stick with QoL enhancements, but to say they're not epic i think is reaching.
Game changing? Is just a dot. A slow 15 dps dot. It's not really that Amazing. Monk, Rogue. You still do damage without an epic. The Epic doesn't double the damage you do, but even that wouldn't be that good. I mean it depends on your previous weapon setup, but at most you're getting maybe 10 - 20% more dps depending on Mob level and AC. Not that great really. Warriors can still generate pretty decent aggro without the Epic. Lots of then do, because it's so hard to get. They do just fine without it though. Small increase in damage does not equal game changing to me.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Old 10-31-2022, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Light sabors are the most epic epic! You are crazy Mr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2022, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So would you proudly use & wield a giant dildo if it's stats & clicky were awesome ?
More power to you, I know I never would. That's not how I imagine a RPG/ MMO character of mine.
For the same reason, and no matter what their ratio / stats can be, I will never use a shovel, shard of night or a shield on a caster
finally someone with some sense here
Old 10-31-2022, 11:24 AM
Banned

Exclamation

opinion discarded

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2022, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too Many people here are obsessed with getting their Epic. The epics aren't really that amazing. Despite calling them an Epic Quest, they don't actually make your character "Epic". A Enchanter with/without the Epic is till the most powerful class in the game. The Shaman still 2nd most powerful with/without epic. 3rd for necro and on and on. Epic is just nice little item. No of them really game changers in any form.
druid epic provides a -100 MR check snare, this is necessary for killing high level non summoning mobs. Also does a lot of damage as a dot and stacks.
Old 10-31-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Too Many people here are obsessed with getting their Epic. The epics aren't really that amazing. Despite calling them an Epic Quest, they don't actually make your character "Epic". A Enchanter with/without the Epic...
It's like I died and went to an enchanter forum in winter of 2000. Some of us, already had VoG. Some of us, had ran to lvl 60. Some of us, had already memmed VoG.

And then, to see Nerfbat 2000, the horror that was this fuckstick, jesus going down on mary. I wanted to puke. And then, two years too late: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is what the enchanter community wanted in the enchanter epic. which comes into the ecosystem as a novelty item in PoP. Fuck giving me a buff that has minuscule difference from my lvl 60 buff on the same line. And if anyone says, "yes but it saves mana!" you have become one of them.

An insult. That is what the enchanter epic was.
Old 10-31-2022, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Unlimited click slow is just what P99 enchanters need. Verant pls fix.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:06 PM
Banned

They're epic, u mad