Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 11-23-2022, 10:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default After nearly 2 decades away...

I decided that I was sick of the ultra ease of modern mmorps and wanted to relive EQ. I was shocked to discover just how much I had forgotten and remembered at the same time.

After 5 hours I reached level 4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] To be fair, a lot of that time was spent relearning the gameplay, commands, etc. as well as corpse recoveries because I ventured to fair while exploring. Even found someone nice enough to drag a lvl 3 corpse from the Freeport tunnels because i didn't want to lose the Velium Short Sword someone was nice enough to trade me 30 minutes earlier. To that kind Dark Elf, Bigtoxic thanks you again.

5 hours, 4 levels, 0 regrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2022, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back, grats dinging level 4.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:09 PM
Banned

Welcome back. You'll find its as addictive as it was back in the day
Old 11-24-2022, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

It's an oldy but a moldy! Have fun out there!
Old 11-28-2022, 11:48 AM
Large Bat

Good Luck on Your Quest
Old 12-11-2022, 01:31 AM
Kobold

Welcome to the start of Fashionquesting.
Old 02-26-2023, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I decided that I was sick of the ultra ease of modern mmorps and wanted to relive EQ. I was shocked to discover just how much I had forgotten and remembered at the same time.

After 5 hours I reached level 4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] To be fair, a lot of that time was spent relearning the gameplay, commands, etc. as well as corpse recoveries because I ventured to fair while exploring. Even found someone nice enough to drag a lvl 3 corpse from the Freeport tunnels because i didn't want to lose the Velium Short Sword someone was nice enough to trade me 30 minutes earlier. To that kind Dark Elf, Bigtoxic thanks you again.

5 hours, 4 levels, 0 regrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WB buddy!

Too bad you didn't roll a necro. In my first guild on P99, after 5 hours a necro (forget name now) got to level 50 after 5 hours. I'm j/k (obv) but he did hit 50 by the end of the week. Don't worry, it took me much longer as a wiz to hit 50, so you're doing amazingly so far.
Old 02-26-2023, 04:01 PM
Large Rat

Did you play on Rodcet Nife 20 years ago? There was a Bigtoxic (Ogre War or maybe Troll?) who was our guilds main raid tank <Hegemony> I think.