Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-03-2022, 11:02 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to be able to go everywhere and explore, a druid is a nice choice for SoW plus self-ports starting at 19. It's got a playstyle that's a little bit of every other caster's offensive capabilities (charm, quad, nuke, dot, damage shield), plus snare and root.

But really, none of the classes come into their own until the teens, so playing an alt to level 4 or 5 isn't really going to tell you much about how it'll play at higher levels.
Very good point. I think I'm second guessing myself on my choices before they even come to fruition.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:42 PM
Banned

You can use con to tell if a mob is KOS without having to get close enough to aggro it, assuming you can see it from decently far away. “Glares at you threatening” and “scowls at you ready to attack” = KOS

Mage is a great choice for someone new to the game. They are very powerful at low levels due to the pet, and can summon bags with weight reduction which are super useful when farming items to junk for money. Their biggest downside is they are fairly one dimensional which unless you are playing to relax could become a bit boring to some people

Necro is like a more complicated version of mage. Being KOS at a lot of places isn’t too bad if you know workarounds, like making a level 1 alt to run outside the city and pick up vendor drops, sell them, transfer the money into gems or something that can be dropped on ground, and dropped back to main. This stuff can be awkward for beginners tho
Old 12-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can use con to tell if a mob is KOS without having to get close enough to aggro it, assuming you can see it from decently far away. “Glares at you threatening” and “scowls at you ready to attack” = KOS

Mage is a great choice for someone new to the game. They are very powerful at low levels due to the pet, and can summon bags with weight reduction which are super useful when farming items to junk for money. Their biggest downside is they are fairly one dimensional which unless you are playing to relax could become a bit boring to some people

Necro is like a more complicated version of mage. Being KOS at a lot of places isn’t too bad if you know workarounds, like making a level 1 alt to run outside the city and pick up vendor drops, sell them, transfer the money into gems or something that can be dropped on ground, and dropped back to main. This stuff can be awkward for beginners tho
I'm loving my mage! I just hit level 8 this morning, I'm checking out a place I've never been before - erud's crossing. I'm just killing snakes, I read that killing beetles is a no no

I didn't think about making level 1 alts just for selling xD i was actually wondering how I could get stuff/money from one unused alt to a character I like, I never thought about dropping stuff on the ground and picking it up. I didn't even think about gems either, so great to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if I clear out those extra alts I probably will make level 1 alts to do this with. But, just one question - how do you stop some random passer-by from picking it up?
Old 12-04-2022, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

You do it somewhere random and out of the way. Also, I've had good luck just asking people to help with item transfers if there's anyone else around.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerplexedPurplePixel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't edit my post again, just wanted to say I was tossing around the idea of a bard too. I know its more active than any other class with button clicking, but I dunno, worth a shot?
People say this, but its a little overblown in the fact that bards have a high APM, but its still lower then pretty much all modern games or MMO's today so.. ;p Not that bad!
Old 12-08-2022, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerplexedPurplePixel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm loving my mage! I just hit level 8 this morning, I'm checking out a place I've never been before - erud's crossing. I'm just killing snakes, I read that killing beetles is a no no

I didn't think about making level 1 alts just for selling xD i was actually wondering how I could get stuff/money from one unused alt to a character I like, I never thought about dropping stuff on the ground and picking it up. I didn't even think about gems either, so great to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if I clear out those extra alts I probably will make level 1 alts to do this with. But, just one question - how do you stop some random passer-by from picking it up?
Mage is super easy class to play, so you made a good choice. I also loved playing one for awhile. However, I almost always go back to a melee class of some sort. Casters always feel too easy for me and nothing but exp grinding to really do. I like that armor and weapons feel like upgrades to melee characters and allow me to do more.
Old 12-09-2022, 04:57 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage is super easy class to play, so you made a good choice. I also loved playing one for awhile. However, I almost always go back to a melee class of some sort. Casters always feel too easy for me and nothing but exp grinding to really do. I like that armor and weapons feel like upgrades to melee characters and allow me to do more.
Yeah I'm torn - I got my mage up to 12, then switched back to shaman, now working on a 9 human SK...I find I love it all xD
Old 12-09-2022, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah I'm torn - I got my mage up to 12, then switched back to shaman, now working on a 9 human SK...I find I love it all xD
Nothing wrong with that. Have several characters depending on your mood.
Old 12-11-2022, 01:27 AM
Kobold

Druid my friend. Harmony at level 1. Solo pull mobs.
Start quadding all the way to 60 with ease.
Make some coin on the side with sows/ports and at 60 with potg's