Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcosmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean i'm not on one side or the other but this stinks of RMT, buy any item for any toon? could you ask for a better situation to sell something? Seems worse that you're the leader of this guild? Am I reading this right?
No, you aren't reading that correctly. When he says buy he means with DKP. DKP is an in -game in-guild currency that a lot of raiding guilds use for loot distribution. You raid to earn DKP and then get to bid on items with the DKP you have accumulated. What Detoxx is saying here is there aren't too many restrictions on using DKP for a toon that can wield an item. In many other cases there are level and main status requirements to bid on an item for a toon.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 10-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

<Moist>

Because best name.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Usually the non A/A guild taking the most flak in RNF.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Kobold

BDA top casual guild on p99
Old 10-20-2017, 01:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As to Awakened's loot policy, we have a 15% Raid Attendance requirement to be considered "Active". We have multiple tiers for loot. Items either fall in as Main First, Main/Cert (basically your second best toon) First, Alts, or "Rot Tier". Being Active means you can bid in these tiers properly. Being Inactive, you can still bid and win items, you just bid down a tier. So, you will not be bidding on Main First items, but you can still bid on Main/Cert items for your Main. Some items in this tier include Fist of Lightning, Cloak of the Sky, Boots of the Destroyer, Trident of the Deep Sea, Wurmscale Fistwraps, Cloak of Thorns, Cloak of the Falling Stars, White Dragon Scale Sash, and many other very nice items.
If you have a loot policy this complicated you don't have a casual raiding guild.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with P99 raiding isn't that it is time intensive and you can never leave your computer (there are people in both guilds who will happily track and screen share), the problem is your phone can ring at 3:00am with a twitter alert saying CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE.

There are probably 100 raid encounters a month that A/A responds to and almost none of them are during prime time. The reality is these dragons pop at all hours of the night and in the middle of the work day.

What makes maintaining raid attendance difficult is you have to be willing and able to drop IRL at the drop of a hat and rush to your computer for 30 minutes at any given time. Do you have to respond to every batphone? Of course not, but it also makes it so you essentially can not play your 'raiding' character because they have to be perma parked in nToV. it really sucks when you cant play your characters because there are dragons in window 24/7

I tried raiding for awhile and I just cant maintain the RA requirements playing the 2-3 hours a night during prime time that I am able to play. I got from 5:30-8:30 CST for gaming and that's about it - But I am not mad because EQ is not made for the weak and that is classic
Not only this, a pick up group is way more fun than listening to a bunch of mouth breathers burp orders at each other while you're waiting around to press auto-attack for a trivialized pull.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have a loot policy this complicated you don't have a casual raiding guild.
It isn't complicated at all, and most people prefer it over letting these items waste away on a Level 1 or Level 46, just because they can loot it. It also allows for a more casual style of play because players with next to no raid attendance can still pick up really decent items, unlike in Aftermath where inactives cannot bid at all. (From what I am reading)

Both systems have their perks. I would argue that Awakened's system is better for new members because more items are sectioned off for Mains. This keeps them from having to bid against a Level 1 Alt.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop trying to pretend that A/A doesn't require raid attendance while you're online.
I've been super casual since FE broke up, and have been with Forsaken/Aftermath most of that time. Literally the only person I've ever witnessed bug someone about being online and not at a raid was Moosejaw, and he hasn't played in like a year. Raid attendence when you're online is definitely encouraged, but I don't think anyone has ever been kicked out or punished for being online but not raiding. Sometimes I'm online mostly afk just killing a ~30 min spawn PH but can't devote enough attention to actually raiding, and no one has ever said anything to me about it.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Loot council / loot restriction = non casual
Old 10-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop trying to pretend that A/A doesn't require raid attendance while you're online.
WTF are you smoking dude? my grandma passed away 4 months ago and during that time I logged on was in seb didnt feel like raiding was at 0% ra and nobody said shit to me nobody said hey Zekay you need to come to the raids stop being a hater paulg just because your former guild AG sucks at everything. you think we were born with talent? during the FtE races werent good we practiced just like everyone else and we got good we didnt wake up realize were Usain Bolt of racing same goes for cothing we it takes practice something csg can do but doesnt

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Closed Thread