Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think they used to ban guilds but they would just reform.

Honestly what they should do is increase the suspension time by a few days after each subsequent suspension.
This. It's the same 40 assholes shitting on everyone else regardless of bans.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think they used to ban guilds but they would just reform.

Honestly what they should do is increase the suspension time by a few days after each subsequent suspension.
I'd like to see some creative punishments like forcing these guilds to do community service like help other guilds raid, do open raids, etc.

It's clear punishment doesn't work.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Aviak

Punishment works, jail does not, depriving some one of something psychologically has 2 effects - they become worse criminals or they simply wait and do it again, this is a thousands year process, there is no fix....or it would be somewhere in real life working.

Only proven way is let people work it out themselves. Civil wars etc work this way.

You always have chaos and peace, you can't simply control chaos, you just put it off a bit longer
Old 11-05-2017, 12:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcosmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Punishment works, jail does not, depriving some one of something psychologically has 2 effects - they become worse criminals or they simply wait and do it again, this is a thousands year process, there is no fix....or it would be somewhere in real life working.
Reforming people has proven more effective than punishment. Reason the USA doesn't do this is because prisons are privatised. It's also a hard sell for the public to be nice to criminals.

So instead of banning a guild from raiding, maybe there are some ways to encourage or teach better behaviour. Or maybe whatever it's fuckin pixels
Old 11-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sereal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reforming people has proven more effective than punishment. Reason the USA doesn't do this is because prisons are privatised. It's also a hard sell for the public to be nice to criminals.
The highly addicted pixel addicts simply need help. Do not give up on them! I believe what the server needs is a system of rehabilitation. Pixel addiction is real, folks.

A three strikes rule should be implemented. it's not fair punishing entire guilds for the actions of individuals.

First violation of Server Raid Rules: The player is banned from raiding for 2 weeks.

Second violation of Server Raid Rules: The player is banned from raiding for 1 month.

Third violation of Server Raid Rules: The player who is found guilty of violating the Server Raid Rules three times must immediately be romoved from their guild, and placed into the P99 Totally Addicted Rehabilitation Development System (TARDS).

Note: The entire guild is NOT punished for the actions of the player(s) who created the infraction. Often times, a TARD acts alone, and has no control of their actions thus they will do ANYTHING to get high end pixels. By this point, the player needs an intervention and that's where TARDS comes in.

TARDS and how it can help you or your loved ones in 3 easy steps!

We already have an operating guild (Auld Lang Syne) that could possibly help rehabilitate these offenders into more healthy productive community members allowing them to stay on P99 once they have successfully completed the TARDS program!

1. First step is to wean the highly addicted pixel addict from their pixels. We can begin this step by removing them from their guilds, and surrounding them around players who have no such addiction. We already have a guild running, ALS (Auld Lang Syne) which has many players who could give pixel addicts an alternative and more healthy outlook in life while on P99, a life that doesn't revolve around high end expensive DKP dragon pixels.

***If ALS wishes no part in helping TARDS, then a new guild will need to be created for the sole purpose of weaning pixel addicts from high end pixels.***

2. Once the pixel addict has proven to be clean and have no more desire for high end pixels, they may leave the TARDS program if they so choose. There is a minimum period of 6 months time that the pixel addict must stay in the TARDS program, as it's been tested and proven that a 6 month period of abstinence is necessary for all traces of high end pixels to be eradicated from the pixel addicts brain.

3. Sadly since the pixel addict has proven incapable of controlling their behavior while intoxicated by high end pixels, they may never rejoin a "high end" raiding guild while on P99. They can however find fun and enjoyment on P99, doing all the other activities that P99 provides!

***Any offender of Server Raid Rules who completes TARDS and then joins back up with any "high end" raiding guild or who violates Raid Server Rules a second time will be perma-banned from P99.***

TL;DR

1. Server Raid Rules violators are punished solely, not their guild.

2. The Server Raid Rules violator is punished accordingly: first violation banned for 2 weeks, second violation banned for one month, third violation warrants the player be placed in TARDS. TARDS is a rehabiliation program designed to wean the pixel addict from high end pixels, and allow them to remain on P99 HOWEVER they may never join a high end raid guild again.

3. Any player that completed TARDS and violates the Server Raid Rules again or joins a "high end" raiding guild is perma-banned from P99.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Fire Giant

Personally I really dont give a shit if were suspended or not, it doesnt stop me from logging on alts and leveling them.....

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I really dont give a shit if were suspended or not, it doesnt stop me from logging on alts and leveling them.....
This sums up the feeling from both guilds pretty much.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still waiting for CSG to crawl TOV to kill dragons.

The big bad evil A/A suspended. Prove to us that you can actually do it, was not just some propaganda to tell the GM's the big dogs dont allow you to play the game the way you "wanted to play".

Rofl. Hypocrites scrubs.
I crawled NToV with my casual pals, we are doing Vulak Ring event tonight! Having 3 simultaneous CH chains rolling on 3 different defensive tanks during the Wave 13 triple flurry probably most difficult part of NToV. Those death carrion adds pile up quick during flurry wave if any of your 15+ rolling clerics misses their CH and no soulfires and reapers to cover them. Hard-mode EQ at its best.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I crawled NToV with my casual pals, we are doing Vulak Ring event tonight! Having 3 simultaneous CH chains rolling on 3 different defensive tanks during the Wave 13 triple flurry probably most difficult part of NToV. Those death carrion adds pile up quick during flurry wave if any of your 15+ rolling clerics misses their CH and no soulfires and reapers to cover them. Hard-mode EQ at its best.
That really doesnt sound that difficult. 1-5 on 1, 6-10 on antoher 11-15 on last.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Toxx... I've seen Awakened and Aftermath raid.

Ya'll bitch if a single normal green drake shows up in camp during a dragon. You would crumble so hard against triple flurry drakes that spawn PBAE Gflux drakes for each player or pet death.

But please... push Nilbog to implement Ring of Vulak. The server would be 10x better if it actually had a challenging raid event that a zerg doesn't make trivial.
Closed Thread