Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AW should be more like Jon Snow imo.
Awakened has seen one Nature's Melody from Tunare in its entire existence. AW wants to run a fair raid that gives people an opportunity to have fun, see content, and grab some loot if possible. As a competitive raiding guild, people put in a hell of a lot of work beyond a couple hour POG raid to keep Awakened thriving and it is fair for Awakened to award them loot for doing that.

Giving away some of the rarest items in the game based on a /roll for players who showed up to a PUG POG for an hour would be cool but please respect Awakened's decision to not do that on this clear. In terms of 'fairness' Awakened has worked with many other guilds and even today we killed an Avatar of War with CSG and they walked away with two beast drops. AW gotta feed the beast homie, let us live.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awakened has seen one Nature's Melody from Tunare in its entire existence. AW wants to run a fair raid that gives people an opportunity to have fun, see content, and grab some loot if possible. As a competitive raiding guild, people put in a hell of a lot of work beyond a couple hour POG raid to keep Awakened thriving and it is fair for Awakened to award them loot for doing that.

Giving away some of the rarest items in the game based on a /roll for players who showed up to a PUG POG for an hour would be cool but please respect Awakened's decision to not do that on this clear. In terms of 'fairness' Awakened has worked with many other guilds and even today we killed an Avatar of War with CSG and they walked away with two beast drops. AW gotta feed the beast homie, let us live.
Tunare loot isn't rare. She sits there week in and week out waiting to be killed. Also, if Awakened has only seen one Bard weapon thats simply because they chose to not spawn her wit said weapon.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunare loot isn't rare. She sits there week in and week out waiting to be killed. Also, if Awakened has only seen one Bard weapon thats simply because they chose to not spawn her wit said weapon.
There's a handful of players on the server that have Girdle of Living Thorns or Golden Leaf Earring. So in my opinion I would consider them extremely rare best in slot items. But hey, if they ain't AM can clear POG for me and let me roll!
Old 12-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a handful of players on the server that have Girdle of Living Thorns or Golden Leaf Earring. So in my opinion I would consider them extremely rare best in slot items. But hey, if they ain't AM can clear POG for me and let me roll!
Thank you for clarifying exactly why the pick up raid is being formed. Switch "AM" name out and put in "PUG raiders/casuals" in place of AM and the reasoning is clear.

People were disdainful of this because the motives are not transparent and honestly it's not a very fair deal for everyone who goes if they don't get a shot at rolling on Tunare loots.

All I am sayinng is a little transparency goes a long way.

Good luck with your raid.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Banned

Do we need another casual guild again?. Tunare seems like the one target am/aw would do together. But awakened rather just use CSG.. then knock them out the running for tunare loot after all the time vested is equal to their members.... the diplomacy is low here
Last edited by kotton05; 12-06-2017 at 10:54 AM..
Old 12-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I am sayinng is a little transparency goes a long way.

Good luck with your raid.
I said it numerous times... Awakened decided they're going to clear POG and wanted to allow other players to participate. No one is hiding any motives, the loot rules are very clear in the announcement. In my opinion, it is fair for Awakened to reserve some of the rarest loot in the game off of Tunare for their longtime contributing members. You disagree with that and I respect your opinion, don't participate if you don't want to. However, don't claim this isn't transparent.

This could be mutually beneficial if some of the PUG members help add DPS or make the clear a little faster? Adding a PUG component is just as likely to slow down the clear and lead to wipes, miscommunications, or other issues. The real benefit to Awakened and MOTIVE is that we get to interface with the community and individuals outside of our guild. For those joining the PUG, the benefit is that a player can have access to POG loot and be supported in fighting for that by some of P99's best geared and most knowledgeable tanks/clerics/dps/pullers/kiters.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's a downgrade to SS. But thanks. My statement was unclear. Tunare is the only Boss in the zone with upgrades for me.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I said it numerous times... Awakened decided they're going to clear POG and wanted to allow other players to participate. No one is hiding any motives, the loot rules are very clear in the announcement. In my opinion, it is fair for Awakened to reserve some of the rarest loot in the game off of Tunare for their longtime contributing members. You disagree with that and I respect your opinion, don't participate if you don't want to. However, don't claim this isn't transparent.

This could be mutually beneficial if some of the PUG members help add DPS or make the clear a little faster? Adding a PUG component is just as likely to slow down the clear and lead to wipes, miscommunications, or other issues. The real benefit to Awakened and MOTIVE is that we get to interface with the community and individuals outside of our guild. For those joining the PUG, the benefit is that a player can have access to POG loot and be supported in fighting for that by some of P99's best geared and most knowledgeable tanks/clerics/dps/pullers/kiters.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is what I think of when having to explain this.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's a downgrade to SS. But thanks. My statement was unclear. Tunare is the only Boss in the zone with upgrades for me.
http://http://www.awakenedguild.com

Apply today!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

Awful PR but they wont give a damn either way cause enough people will show up and drink the koolaid thinking they are being done a favor. How gracious of AW to allow casuals attend their raid, pras the benevolence.
Closed Thread