Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-25-2019, 03:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could anyone who tried this post some screenies please?
There are screenshot comparisons on the wiki page under the 'Show me the screenshots' heading. I can add more if you'd like.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:06 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for doing this.

I've noticed that there are a number of trees in S Ro (near where the grass meets the desert) have no leaf textures (it's just the trunk and branches surrounded by grey).

I am trying to run it with this https://wiki.project1999.com/EQ_Classic_HD mod at the same time but I don't think they should clash in any way.

I've tried installing your mod twice with same results.

Cheers.

Edit: I'm playing on Blue and I noticed you said this is for Green/Teal - could this be the cause of my problem??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020.01.08-19.05_01.jpg (20.8 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by Kendrite; 01-08-2020 at 04:25 AM..
Old 01-08-2020, 05:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for doing this.

I've noticed that there are a number of trees in S Ro (near where the grass meets the desert) have no leaf textures (it's just the trunk and branches surrounded by grey).

I am trying to run it with this https://wiki.project1999.com/EQ_Classic_HD mod at the same time but I don't think they should clash in any way.

I've tried installing your mod twice with same results.

Cheers.

Edit: I'm playing on Blue and I noticed you said this is for Green/Teal - could this be the cause of my problem??
Thanks for the feedback. I've posted a version 1.3 that fixes this issue. There's an update-only download on the page so that you don't need to download the whole thing again.

I fixed this a while ago in my local folder but somehow missed putting that one file into one of the earlier updates.

The updated zone textures will work on all P99 servers. Since they only update textures used in the zones that green/teal use they simply won't affect the other zones that Blue has.

The EQ Classic HD textures work fine with EQ Classic Enhanced since they update global texture files and not the zone texture files that I'm updating. I'm using their textures as well.

Thanks again for letting me know about the tree issue!
Old 01-08-2020, 05:38 AM
Large Rat

Updated and 1.3 has fixed it.

Thanks for all the effort - it looks great.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:27 AM
Aviak

Great job! I appreciate you working off the original textures to keep the classic look and feel. The mipmaps are a welcome addition as well. The only artifact I've encountered so far is with rock dervishes in Lavastorm. You can't tell from the still image, but the pink triangle strobes in and out.

I'm using version 1.03 of Classic Enhanced as well as EQClassicHD. I installed Classic Enhanced .s3d files first, then added the EQClassicHD files over that.

Thanks for your efforts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eqce_ls_dervish.jpg (22.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-25-2020, 03:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passenger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great job! I appreciate you working off the original textures to keep the classic look and feel. The mipmaps are a welcome addition as well. The only artifact I've encountered so far is with rock dervishes in Lavastorm. You can't tell from the still image, but the pink triangle strobes in and out.

I'm using version 1.03 of Classic Enhanced as well as EQClassicHD. I installed Classic Enhanced .s3d files first, then added the EQClassicHD files over that.

Thanks for your efforts!
I've uploaded version 1.04 with a fix for the Rock Dervishes. Thanks for letting me know!
Old 01-26-2020, 04:49 AM
Aviak

Hello, a tree in Lesser Faydark :
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I use v1.04
Old 01-26-2020, 12:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, a tree in Lesser Faydark :

I use v1.04
Same in OOT
Old 01-27-2020, 07:39 PM
Aviak

Fire in CB

Old 01-30-2020, 03:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fire in CB

Both are fixed in version 1.5, along with the tree in OOT. Thanks for letting me know!