Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Default Enchanter Question(s) (Lull)

So I "twinked" an enchnter and am exclusively duo-ing with a cleric. We just hit 24 and are charming in Guk Top. It's obviously super fast xp but I have a serious annoyance with how often Lull line of spells get resisted. I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly. I was told CHA is much more important than INT as far as charm leveling goes so I stacked it. I have 202 CHA with the little +16 buff. My Soothe gets resisted all the time on blue cons. Like 30-40% of the time.

Does the spell matter? (lull,soothe,calm,etc.) I was using Lull for awhile for the cheap mana then realized the aggro radius is smaller so went up to Soothe and now I have Calm. Does the higher spell get resisted less? Does CHA even matter? Is it all about Level difference? Like I'm 24 lulling 22's , is that just going to resist more cuz its high blue con?

Charm seems hit or miss but I am sure it's just MR on mobs varies. Some mobs last forever and some break alot. I am quite sure level disparity matters more to charming than anything else from what I've done so far, but would love to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2020, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

CHA affects critical resist rate. Regular resist rate is only a plain MR check.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

calm is the best, even at lvl 60

202 cha is plenty

some mobs are just really hard to calm
Old 01-22-2020, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I'm 24 lulling 22's , is that just going to resist more cuz its high blue con?
Yep. When you're lulling at 50 or 60, you're usually doing it against stuff that's -6 or -8 or -10 or more levels from you, unlike when you're exping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm seems hit or miss but I am sure it's just MR on mobs varies. Some mobs last forever and some break alot.
Well, that's kinda just the way charm works. Testing that has been done shows, iirc, that charms TEND to either break quickly or last a long time, even when mob and MR are accounted for.

Everything on p99 tends to be like this. No skill ups on 10 combines, then 3 skill ups in a row. Only a few resists here or there for an entire hour, then 4 resists in 5 spellcasts. Etc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-22-2020 at 07:09 PM..
Old 01-24-2020, 04:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything on p99 tends to be like this. No skill ups on 10 combines, then 3 skill ups in a row.
I read about a teacher in a statistics class that assigned her students the task of either A) flipping 100 coins and writing down the results or B) making up the results. Their choice. She could always spot the fake results because the students couldn't conceive of seven or eight heads in a row.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barm McLir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read about a teacher in a statistics class that assigned her students the task of either A) flipping 100 coins and writing down the results or B) making up the results. Their choice. She could always spot the fake results because the students couldn't conceive of seven or eight heads in a row.
She'd also be able to spot the bad pseudo rng (or something else going on) on p99 when 1 in 1000 streaks happen several times more often than they should literally constantly.

I actually got as far as reading about goodness of fit tests anddownloading R the other day, but I didn't get around to actually figuring it out yet and running tests on p99 /random to see just how random it really is. I'll get there sooner or later though.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
calm is the best, even at lvl 60
why so? if you could explain pls would be appreciated
Old 01-28-2020, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

It's a good compromise between aggro radius reduction and mana cost+cast time+recast.

Lull works sometimes, when mobs aren't tight together and/or are muh lower level. Pacify is needed sometimes, like if you're fighting in a small room with the pacified mob(s). But usually calm gives enough aggro reduction without sucking your mana dry when you get 3-10 resists per mob you need to lull.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:01 AM
Fire Giant

Pacify has had its duration increased to 7 minutes as per september 2019 patch. 7 minutes is pretty boss. But on semi-trivial stuff I still always use calm for mana-effeciency
Old 01-29-2020, 08:15 AM
Sarnak

Interesting. On the wiki it says Calm has the following details:

1 : Frenzy Radius (5/50)
2 : Reaction Radius (5/50)
3 : Pacify

Does anyone know what these actually mean?
Closed Thread