Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 09:19 PM
Banned

Every exp group I've been in on Green and Teal have been stoked to get a rogue.

The only time you don't want a rogue is when you've got a healer, no tank, and 3-4 pet classes, because then the rogue is the MT. And how often is that happening? I haven't seen it happen at all.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regen/chloro and lesser heals are no joke in many group comps and levels. That ch can heal for 10k or whatever doesn't mean shit if your tank is a 1400 hp bard or ranger, or your group is all casters, or you want the war to stay enraged, etc. And even if you are in a group that seems like it needs a cleric, a slacker who doesn't want to spend a dot to symbol the chanter or puller, or who isn't quick with a stun or heal on a charm break, will quickly be outperformed by a competent druid.
This plus also being smart with their mana....Ive seen horrible clerics that waste a ton of mana using heals inefficiently (healing to soon etc), not bothering to even attempt a heal on a chanter until they've already dropped to 40% on pet break....not having the brains to root park adds, instead trying to heal entire group and either running out of mana, or pulling aggro with those heals, or worse yet, both.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I haven't had any problems on a Rogue. I highly doubt that commenter has run into groups with open spots that said "no thanks we'll wait until a pet DPS class comes along." More likely that commenter is just seeing full groups that have multiple pet DPS classes in them, which is not the same as saying people are passing up on a Rogue for those classes.

If there are in fact instances where there is like one open spot left and the commenter is standing there and being passed up right then for a pet DPS class, I'd imagine a decent amount of the reason is the other abilities those classes have and not just their pet since it's not as though Rogues are bad melee DPS.
I am genuinely astonished this is such a surprise to everyone here

I lost count of how many times I was waiting for a group while /ooc is full of "LFM pet dps".. the few times I would reach out they would say no ty.

Even the guild I was in on Teal would do the same shit, I forget the guild name but they were like the peewee kingdom
Old 01-28-2020, 11:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is spreading this Mage as a top-DPS class over a Rogue? I've rarely seen a Mage outperform a Rogue or a Monk in a DPS parse.
A mage will outperform rogues until a certain threshold of gear, skill, and circumstances ( content / era / group composition, etc.). Obviously too end rogues in perfect scenarios are going to lead but the game isn’t 100% tank & spank raid mobs either.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even the guild I was in on Teal would do the same shit, I forget the guild name but they were like the peewee kingdom
cant remember 10 days ago? drugs much?
Old 01-28-2020, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Are you F-ing kidding me?

Mages are awesome dps. They don't have the utility of necros, and are not OP like a good chanter, but they will melt down mobs and can contribute even when oom with their pet in contrast to wizards.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

I think those swords are being super under valued ��*♂️. Its it’s basically like an extra attack, and for a while will hit harder than your pet will.

Really shines in pet centric groups, or give them to a dex buffed charm pet with a haste item ��*♂️

Free damage is free damage and less mana spent. Mobs die faster = healers heal less = less damage spells cast = xpez
Last edited by Natewest1987; 01-29-2020 at 12:05 AM..
Old 01-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cant remember 10 days ago? drugs much?
Haven't played in well over a month, but nice joke my man
Old 01-29-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am genuinely astonished this is such a surprise to everyone here

I lost count of how many times I was waiting for a group while /ooc is full of "LFM pet dps".. the few times I would reach out they would say no ty.

Could be a combo of things. At lower levels, Rogue DPS can be pretty hit or miss without good gear. So that could be part of it.

Casters also come with other sorts of utility (such as Necro abilities to give mana, etc.) that people might be looking for as a bonus.

They could be hoping for an Enchanter because Charmed pet DPS is the best DPS in the game (although I'm assuming they'd be specifying Enchanter if that's what they were looking for).

If you're running into this in later levels once people have had a chance to get some gear and so your Rogue has decent weapons, those people are idiots.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is spreading this Mage as a top-DPS class over a Rogue? I've rarely seen a Mage outperform a Rogue or a Monk in a DPS parse.
This isn't blue in velious. I'm up for parsing my level 49 pet and nuking vs monks and rogues.
Closed Thread