Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 06:17 PM
Kobold

Default Bread Quest?

Does the Bread Quest come to green anytime soon havn't seen any info on it.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:25 PM
Aviak

Once the sleeper is woken, Bertoxxulous Reigns over Karana releasing a toxic cloud making mobs rabid, and releasing swarms. It is an event that will not end on our server unless the GM's make it happen.

To makeup for the lack of shipments due to the disgusting plague, heroic adventurers are recruited by NPC's to make the deliveries and keep the grocery stores of Norrath fully stocked.

Jun 2001 Oct 2016
Old 01-28-2020, 06:50 PM
Aviak

Wait am I going to die in like 7 days because I replied to this thread with this sewingmachine person with this creepy avatar lol

AM I GOING TO GET SEWED TO DEATH IN 7 DAYS?? ru gonna sew me into popcorn??
Old 01-28-2020, 08:21 PM
Banned

there is a queynos muffin quest where you give a guard muffins until he gives you a low cha item is that the one you want??????????
Old 01-29-2020, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Isnt that part of the Karana plague stuff that happens in Velious?
Old 01-29-2020, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

The bread quest isnt until way later. Velious time. I actually get a message or two per week still about the bread quest video and if its on green ;p
Old 01-29-2020, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once the sleeper is woken, Bertoxxulous Reigns over Karana releasing a toxic cloud making mobs rabid, and releasing swarms. It is an event that will not end on our server unless the GM's make it happen.

To makeup for the lack of shipments due to the disgusting plague, heroic adventurers are recruited by NPC's to make the deliveries and keep the grocery stores of Norrath fully stocked.

Jun 2001 Oct 2016
What do you mean won't end? Doesn't it end in a later patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is a queynos muffin quest where you give a guard muffins until he gives you a low cha item is that the one you want??????????
No, there's a bunch of bread shipment quests during the Karanas plague. One in particular can be abused by Wizards and Druids (especially Druids). Basically, one of the quest NPCs is at the Centaurs in SK and the other is an Ogre in Feerrott. So, for example as a Druid, you bind at the Centaur NPC...so you get the bread from the Centaur, port to Feerrott, and give the bread to the Ogre for XP, and then Gate back to the Centaur and repeat. This quest can also be done as a Wizard, or pre-Feerrott port as a Druid, by binding in Ferrott, porting to NK, and making the run to the Centaur in SK.

It's very boring (and especially so if you're running from NK to the Centaurs every time), but very decent EXP in the 20s. I've done it before while waiting for HK Goblins groups.
Last edited by cd288; 01-29-2020 at 11:47 AM..
Old 01-29-2020, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

The plague cloud part of the invasion never ends on p99. Jarlen however leaves on our last patch.

This could be altered on green since on blue Jarlen was being exploited in a certain way that allowed people, usually Druids, Wizards, and some clever Clerics to level from 24-60 in like two days. When the bridge tactic with the NK Inkeeper was fixed it was still good experience for porters to port back and forth from in the Feerrott though until the 30s.

The experience on the quest got changed to be nearly nothing. Id wager it will start that way on Green
Last edited by Cen; 01-29-2020 at 11:53 AM..
Old 01-29-2020, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait am I going to die in like 7 days because I replied to this thread with this sewingmachine person with this creepy avatar lol

AM I GOING TO GET SEWED TO DEATH IN 7 DAYS?? ru gonna sew me into popcorn??
yes, i am so sorry.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The plague cloud part of the invasion never ends on p99. Jarlen however leaves on our last patch.

This could be altered on green since on blue Jarlen was being exploited in a certain way that allowed people, usually Druids, Wizards, and some clever Clerics to level from 24-60 in like two days. When the bridge tactic with the NK Inkeeper was fixed it was still good experience for porters to port back and forth from in the Feerrott though until the 30s.

The experience on the quest got changed to be nearly nothing. Id wager it will start that way on Green
When did the EXP get changed to nearly nothing? It was definitely still giving good EXP until like the last patch on Blue. I also wouldn't call it an "exploit"; it's not exploiting some mechanic of the game like finding some glitch where you can kill a mob without it being able to attack you or something like that. It's utilizing character abilities to your advantage when doing a quest. It's no different from porting to GFay, getting CB belts, and Gating to Kaladim to turn them in.

I would doubt they nerf the bread quest XP on Green because it will be active for a much shorter period of time on Green since we're following the exact patch timeline...so it's not sitting out there as a possible quests for a ton more time than it should be.
Closed Thread