Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

View Poll Results: Should An Erudite (Caster) Dump Creation Points Into Agility?
Yes - Even a Caster needs it 17 68.00%
No - It doesn't matter 4 16.00%
Bush/Towers 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Default Erudite Caster Starting Stats (Agility) Poll

I've never rolled an Erudite Caster before but I have played an Erudite Paladin (Where the 5 points in agility at creation makes sense

I've scoured threads and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus. The discussions are never class specific. Just a generalized "If you're an Erudite you must put 5 points into Agility)

I understand sub 75 AGI gives a significant hit to AC, but on a Necro for example does this really matter? You're not really tanking and you're a cloth class. It's not like you're rolling in AC to begin with and your gear does not give much AC anyways

Wouldn't those 5 points be better spent elsewhere?
Old 01-23-2020, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never rolled an Erudite Caster before but I have played an Erudite Paladin (Where the 5 points in agility at creation makes sense

I've scoured threads and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus. The discussions are never class specific. Just a generalized "If you're an Erudite you must put 5 points into Agility)

I understand sub 75 AGI gives a significant hit to AC, but on a Necro for example does this really matter? You're not really tanking and you're a cloth class. It's not like you're rolling in AC to begin with and your gear does not give much AC anyways

Wouldn't those 5 points be better spent elsewhere?
You picked perhaps the worst erudite to put the 5 points into agility because it's a class that makes good use of str, cha, sta, wis. Essentially those points could be doing you a lot of good elsewhere, while you simply just get yourself some silver plated leggings.

You gave a necro for an example, so where else you going to put the points on a necro? Sta? And get like 10 hit points at like level 60? Additionally casters are viable to kill things naked, so your naked stats will be more relevnt for CRs and such. And i don't even udnerstand he logic of "I aleady have low AC why should I care about getting more"? Would you say the same thing about hit points on a caster?
Old 01-23-2020, 11:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You picked perhaps the worst erudite to put the 5 points into agility because it's a class that makes good use of str, cha, sta, wis. Essentially those points could be doing you a lot of good elsewhere, while you simply just get yourself some silver plated leggings.

You gave a necro for an example, so where else you going to put the points on a necro? Sta? And get like 10 hit points at like level 60? Additionally casters are viable to kill things naked, so your naked stats will be more relevnt for CRs and such. And i don't even udnerstand he logic of "I aleady have low AC why should I care about getting more"? Would you say the same thing about hit points on a caster?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgH9BxnfhMw
Old 01-23-2020, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a good thing I wrote it, then.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a good thing I wrote it, then.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=30
Old 01-23-2020, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes, you've found the proper forum this should probably be posted in, since you don't seem to be interested in any qualitative discussion involving the topic.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Yes, you've found the proper forum this should probably be posted in, since you don't seem to be interested in any qualitative discussion involving the topic.
Quote:

Old 01-24-2020, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Erudite Paladin is a great choice. I would skip the 5 points in agility as you will almost assuredly get that from gear. If nothing else it makes the gear selection game more interesting.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

For real casters, not paladins, i would go 5 agi and then all remaining points in strength. Not a joke post.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:35 AM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Quote:
I voted 5 in AGI like DMN said - I agree with him in this case.

Imagine thinking you gotta curse like a sailour to make something RnF-worthy and thinking that not cursing automatically makes you sound completely decent like DMN seems to.
Last edited by Asteria; 01-24-2020 at 10:39 AM..
Closed Thread