Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-21-2020, 01:54 PM
Skeleton

Default Question regarding turbo use on controller

Hi all I was curious if there are rules against using the turbo feature on a controller in game. The only thing I could find in rules is it is not ok to have multiple inputs for a single keystroke however this is just spamming a button repeatedly.

Will stop using if it's not within the rules but basicly it just allows me to be far more lazy in my play. Thanks for any info!
Old 07-21-2020, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Technically probably not allowed. Not sure if it's detectable though since nowadays every other keyboard or mouse is programmable.
Unattended it's definitely not allowed if they catch you. I've seen people get banned for spamming forage all day.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

The rule is something along the lines of "anything that gives you an advantage over someone not doing it". Since EQ isn't a click-fest type of game I'm not sure what benefit a turbo button spamming something would do for you. If it's to raise a skill (like sense heading) there's many forum articles about how to bind an ability to a movement key so that every time you turn left you do sense heading, or turning right does /loc (for example).

If you're trying to spam a mouse click to turn in something (scout tools) or /pet attack NamedMob001 - that's definitely not allowed in an automated fashion.

-Mcoy
Old 07-22-2020, 12:06 PM
Skeleton

The only real use for it i've found is soloing on my monk for spamming intimidate skill. I have to set the button to fire off once and then it spams until I turn it off. No interest in doing so if it goes against the rules it's nothing I couldn't do myself but definitely would choose to do it this way if I can.

Also technically anyone can do it if they have a mapping software like xpadder and a controller with turbo. Would it be considered poor form if I ask about this in the petition forum? Don't want to get myself banned if I can help it :P

Just to be clear the button isn't being used to play for me while I'm away from keyboard or anything like that, it just gives me one less button to spam while in combat.
Last edited by Vanin; 07-22-2020 at 12:12 PM..