Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Orc

Default Question for Rangers and the Firiona Vie zone.

Will your track at approximately level 40 cover the entire Zone? I'm trying to trackdown 'Kwinn the Outlander' but i'm not entirely comfortable running through that zone alone.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Not sure about the tracking question but that I think that NPC wanders around the NE part of zone near the NE swamp ZL iirc. You could enter FV from that NE swamp ZL and wouldn't have to cross the entire zone. Be warned, though..even with little ground to cover there are a ton of fast moving frogs and stuff that wander back and forth.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

No. Kunark zones are huge, "zonewide track" on live was just a hollow brag.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting formulas though Jeff, thanks for posting!
Old 02-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the cap of 200, a ranger can track 2400 units.

Nagafen's Lair is only 1400 units end to end, so if you stood at the middle, you would only need to track 700 units to cover the entire zone. You could probably do so at level 30. If you stood at the entrance to track Nagafen himself, that's only 1000 units away. You could definitely do that at level 40.

Depends what zone, you can track a set amount based on your skill.

From the wiki:

wiki.project1999.com/Track
Good information to know, thank you!
Old 02-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

I found Kwinn by the giant camp in the NE corner. I think he spawns right around there.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 02-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will your track at approximately level 40 cover the entire Zone? I'm trying to trackdown 'Kwinn the Outlander' but i'm not entirely comfortable running through that zone alone.
Running through packs of hostile things is a ranger skill. Consider running through the zone and tracking in quadrants. It'll get you experience for doing seb keys later on. But I realize Kunark is terrible for its see invis, is FV all scowls w/ camo? Either way, you're faster than the mobs.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Running through packs of hostile things is a ranger skill. Consider running through the zone and tracking in quadrants. It'll get you experience for doing seb keys later on. But I realize Kunark is terrible for its see invis, is FV all scowls w/ camo? Either way, you're faster than the mobs.
Not sure if there are see invis or not. But there are definitely froglok shamans that sow themselves. So not sure about outrunning everything.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

The froglok's are few and far between in the area that he roams. There's one or two that path right in front of the giant camp but easy to avoid. You can follow the cliff to the wall, then the wall all the way to the northern corner.

Maybe 1 out of 10 drovlargs see invis, if not less, and they have a small aggro radius.

It's not nearly as dangerous as it seems even without invis if you pay attention to your surroundings and just keep moving.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, I used to fear kite on my alt rogue in the middle of the field there. Did wonders for my awareness.
Closed Thread