Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Default Slow Druid Camp?

Hi Everyone!

Looking for a slow and relaxed druid duo camp. I have a 60 druid, the wife has a 50 druid. Exp would be nice, but loot (even if stupid rare) is preferable. We WERE doing the forager cycle, but she's after something with downtime. 5 - 15 minute cycles would be awesome.

FYI: We're leveling a Pally on the side so we can handle summon mobs, but for now it's #DroodLyfe

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Marto - 60 Halfling Druid
Fratus - 40 Dwarven Paladin

--Red Server--

Smarrto - 60 Iksar Necro
Mardo - 60 Dwarven Cleric

Old 11-17-2020, 10:14 AM
Banned

Not exactly chill, but I solo'd Chardok entrance area for a while on my druid. With both of you charming dogs it would go pretty sweet. Not as good XP as bear pits, but you said you prefer loot. While its not going to make you rich, there are gems and some decent drops / spells.

Your wife will want to charm the lowest level dogs (whelps) and you always take the higher ones. It'll be a little rough at first at 50, but at 52 she'll get the faster casting charm and durations should be much better for her too.

2 hasted dog pets will chew through entrance. Although you may want to leave hers unhasted until she gets a firm handle on it. Glamour and snare before charming, keep DS on, when one gets low, break, kill, get another. Having things like your DoT, DS and snare clickies (dot bracer, ds tunare gloves, snare earring) will help a lot.

If you need to AFK, just bind right outside the zone in. Gate, AFK, hop back in and clear more. Once you get a hang of it you can reliably do the first named mob camp: Captain Di'ouz

If you guys find you really enjoy it, push a little further into the dungeon when your wife gets into her mid / higher 50s...you just might be able to make some money doing Observer Aq'touz.
Last edited by kjs86z; 11-17-2020 at 10:29 AM..
Old 11-17-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

I've always liked Geonids in Wakening Lands at that level. Very static and predictable. Just take care when approaching the shamans.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:03 AM
Aviak

Thanks KJS! I think we'll try Chardok, she's never done pet charming before. Worst case, I'll charm and she'll support until she gets her better charm spells. I completely spaced Chardok, I've solo'ed the entrance a couple times, but I think having a 2nd player will make this much simpler.

I would do geo's as mentioned above (solid gem drops), but after quadding/rotting my druid to 60 in WL with suits/geos I hope to never see them again.

--Red Server--

Smarrto - 60 Iksar Necro

Old 11-17-2020, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks KJS! I think we'll try Chardok, she's never done pet charming before. Worst case, I'll charm and she'll support until she gets her better charm spells. I completely spaced Chardok, I've solo'ed the entrance a couple times, but I think having a 2nd player will make this much simpler.

I would do geo's as mentioned above (solid gem drops), but after quadding/rotting my druid to 60 in WL with suits/geos I hope to never see them again.
Yeah its definitely way easier as a duo since you don't have to worry about breaking your charmed pets on every single mob. I would definitely have her start charming right off (if she can get the hang of it using beguile / allure, she'll love it when she hits 52 and gets Call of Karana...the shorter cast time is a game changer). Have her charm only the whelps and just glamour for her and don't haste her pets. Every level she gets her charm durations will go longer and the whole experience will improve tremendously by the time shes 55 and rocking it.

Not sure what you have for plat / resources but gazughi rings will make it even easier.

PM me when you're gonna go try it maybe I'll swing by on my druid or necro and join the fun.
Last edited by kjs86z; 11-17-2020 at 11:50 AM..
Old 11-17-2020, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not exactly chill, but I solo'd Chardok entrance area for a while on my druid. With both of you charming dogs it would go pretty sweet. Not as good XP as bear pits, but you said you prefer loot. While its not going to make you rich, there are gems and some decent drops / spells.

Your wife will want to charm the lowest level dogs (whelps) and you always take the higher ones. It'll be a little rough at first at 50, but at 52 she'll get the faster casting charm and durations should be much better for her too.

2 hasted dog pets will chew through entrance. Although you may want to leave hers unhasted until she gets a firm handle on it. Glamour and snare before charming, keep DS on, when one gets low, break, kill, get another. Having things like your DoT, DS and snare clickies (dot bracer, ds tunare gloves, snare earring) will help a lot.

If you need to AFK, just bind right outside the zone in. Gate, AFK, hop back in and clear more. Once you get a hang of it you can reliably do the first named mob camp: Captain Di'ouz

If you guys find you really enjoy it, push a little further into the dungeon when your wife gets into her mid / higher 50s...you just might be able to make some money doing Observer Aq'touz.
This dude gets it. I would both charm only for the fact that if one charm breaks on a summoner, I dont think a 50 druid is keeping up with heals on a mob+pet. If you both charm and pet breaks, atleast one of you can recharm while the other pet holds aggro
Old 11-17-2020, 03:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This dude gets it. I would both charm only for the fact that if one charm breaks on a summoner, I dont think a 50 druid is keeping up with heals on a mob+pet. If you both charm and pet breaks, atleast one of you can recharm while the other pet holds aggro
There are no summoning mobs in chardok till you start getting to royal area so its pretty safe, especially if you can keep a pet snared. for the lvl 50 she can probably get it under control before getting beat on.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:26 PM
Aviak

Thanks everyone for the solid tips! I'll see if she likes charming lol. Didn't even think about two pets holding aggro for breaks, that's going to be awesome. I did a lot of rooting on my solo runs, this should make life easier.

We are super poor. I've funneled everything into my druid and she just blew all her plat (And a bit of mine) on a skyfury scimitar. Might go camp Gazhugi, I've tried it before and was just unlucky, might be worth a 2nd spin with Chardok on the list.

--Red Server--

Smarrto - 60 Iksar Necro

Old 11-17-2020, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks everyone for the solid tips! I'll see if she likes charming lol. Didn't even think about two pets holding aggro for breaks, that's going to be awesome. I did a lot of rooting on my solo runs, this should make life easier.

We are super poor. I've funneled everything into my druid and she just blew all her plat (And a bit of mine) on a skyfury scimitar. Might go camp Gazhugi, I've tried it before and was just unlucky, might be worth a 2nd spin with Chardok on the list.
Honestly you don't need gazhugi. Just have to use a spell slot for invis...which sometimes doing entrance you use anyway if theres a pack or two of sarnaks between you and the next doggo pet.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:00 PM
Aviak

I wouldn't say charming is quick and relaxed, but it's going to give you the best options to make money. Kedge or Siren's would also be fun if you're up for the challenge.
Closed Thread