Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Default What are the very high traffic areas antisocial people should avoid?

like on green right now?

Not that I play there, just curious...

I can imagine, Warsliks giant fort being lol wtfbbq
and most of OT

-i think karnors is going to be crazy for like 3 months straight

------------ alternatively ---------------------------------

what are some interesting alternatives? spots people can hide out in and kind of be afk safe?
Old 11-23-2020, 02:46 PM
Banned

Pretty much what you could imagine with tons of level 50s maxed right out the gates.

Sebilis is a zoo.

City Guards in the various towns are a good chill alternative if you can get one of those camps.

Surprisingly the 30s and 40s spots in Kunark are quite sparse. OT has a dozen folks.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surprisingly the 30s and 40s spots in Kunark are quite sparse. OT has a dozen folks.

That's because (unpopular opinion?) outdoor Kunark zones suck fucking ass. They look kinda nice in appearance and lore, but mostly blow for any practical purpose aside from bard swarming or quadding and shit in some of them. Kunark grouping is all about the dungeons and really in the 30s/40s the old world is far better for just about anyone in just about every way.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:53 PM
Banned

Agree on a exp efficiency basis. Back in the day though the novelty factor was a bigger deal than it is today.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah well also back in the day you had a lot more players that were in the 30's and 40's for a LOT longer, so you had a lot of people hanging out in OT and FM and LOIO for a really long time because there were lots of mobs there. In a 1000 pop server probably 500 of them were 20-40 or something really high like that. Just guessing like a total blowhard here, but there were lots in that population range.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much what you could imagine with tons of level 50s maxed right out the gates.

Sebilis is a zoo.

City Guards in the various towns are a good chill alternative if you can get one of those camps.

Kunark mobs have higher HP and hit harder than a lot of old world mobs in that level range. So if you’re soloing, it’s generally an easier time to just stay in the old world
Old 11-23-2020, 03:08 PM
Banned

The spots in Kunark a 50s should be able to find a group with tells and ooc:

Skyfire Mountians
City of Mist
Howling Stones (no soulbound keys - proceed with care)

The suggestions to stay in the old world are accurate if you want to be safer, but you won't see the spells you are after drop in the old world.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:23 PM
Banned

I thought seafuries would be chiller since kunark but it's been the opposite, people claim individual spawns now, which I don't ever remember happening before. It's usually just a big FTE orgy. And when that's not happening somebody is swarming them or quadding and it just gets so annoying for normal people who just wanna kill one and then med for ten minutes.

They also start going green at 52
Old 11-23-2020, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah if I was on green, I would probably go to OT>LOIO>FM>OT>DL and get 40 ish that way. I don't remember the last time I was in Sebilis, except to 'get an item or diamonds or to help someone, or something'.

People who play in KC or the hole now adays typically want to ninja samurai thru the zone directly to t-staff camp stuff and that's about it, I get frustrated with that level of play so just avoid groups there. Why not move off to the left and just grind gently for a level in two-days? IDK. It is what it is.

EQ players and gamers are way more competitive now than they use to be and they got their eyes on those big mobs and rare legacy stuff that used to be only whispered in hush tones about.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:33 PM
Banned

every kunark zone
Closed Thread