Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

I believe the other big draw for this particular project 1999 website is this too:

Most of us were kids when we started playing this game. We went off, got married, joined the army, did a bunch of crazy shit, and didnt have time to keep playing EQ.

It's 2020, we found it again, and we discovered we can while away the time here without worrying about the ridiculous adult bs of our normal or real world lives. We now have a chance to complete that epic we never did as a kid because we were to busy rolling 50 different halflings.

At least for some of us. Some of us have no life and this is the only thing we can cope with and understand and communicate with socially among other people, even if that is in negative ways sometimes, its way better then nothing or the padded room (i probably deserve). And fuckn' A ya'll are doing a service to humanity keeping this place running. I don't think you fully understand. There'd be lot of people smearing elf shaped poop on the walls if it wasn't for elf sims.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

People who have zero emotional investment ... dont cheat i guess, some people get way to emotionally invested in EQ, I really liked listening to the guild memembers talk about their big plans in heretic and how they were doing things differently, its sad they boofed it and someone tried to cheat.

Here's the thing though that is quite a double edged sword. Easy to fall on.

I would say that heretic was pretty invested in the game and they were invested in the new players and wanted to provide a good environment, their motivation was not to 'ruin the box' or 'win at all costs' they were trollin around and made a mistake, then got mad on the forums, and made another one, probably not the best move, but they aren't bad people
Old 04-10-2020, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

• That moment when u figure out u can agro all the mobs of a certain type in a newbie area and train them to the guards to get a certain set of mobs to spawn

It is an awful game, but we love it, and for such an awful game its got a lot of love and heart, something, that sadly, we are losing as a species as everything becomes 'fully automated'

when we can always buy back our loot if we accidentally sell something, we lose a bit of character, a bit of risk, a bit of excitement, a bit of freedom to have bad things happen (TM)

don't listen to me though, i lazered off my neckbeard but i still have a few chins
Old 04-10-2020, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

I dont get the particular hate for rogean or p99 or red99, its the server that came online when all hope was lost, and has treated this community real well, better than we deserve
Old 04-10-2020, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

mahybe u dont care about game design n stuff but i hope this helps if u do
Old 04-10-2020, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure people are doing some form of cheating on RoZ. Just knowing the crowd it’s literally the red rejects that always had drama and shenanigans.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:54 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. I hope u succeeed in ur programming life and its a good one, just like, why are you so heavily invested in RoZ vs here and promoting it here?
I haven't promoted it once in this thread, actually.

Quote:
Pretty sure people are doing some form of cheating on RoZ. Just knowing the crowd it’s literally the red rejects that always had drama and shenanigans.
On 1.0, there were tons of cheaters. I'd say 5% of all active accounts were at least warned, if not banned outright depending on the severity of the offense.

On 2.0, I think mostly everyone realized that it's not worth wasting your time cheating and getting found out that you were cheating. Every EQ community, whether it be Red99, Rise of Zek, or otherwise, makes you out to be a villain if you have to admit that you are or were cheating. You also lose countless hours of gearing and progress on your character, and have a watchful eye on you if you come back from both community members and the development team.

It's just not worth it to cheat, especially in a game where you need friends to progress on certain classes and the time investment in a character is extremely high.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-10-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't promoted it once in this thread, actually.
I accept this i got sucked into the sarcasm between baler tassardar and u

Sorry

It's hard to read you because you re so brief and not verbose

Anyway, "The Cheaters" aren't going to be playing on either box soon because /pras rogean

I don't mind people playing on RoZ it's got its own niche environment, so does this server,

this thread was started to rile up interserver warfare and since we cant zone into RoZ to pvp I got real mad
Old 04-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

well i could zone into RoZ but i dont want to, its not worth my time lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

or computer resources
Closed Thread