Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 05:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed gebs will retain their platinum value well into kunark - a great item to sell - and only begin to decline in plat value in velious.

The point of this particular thread though is that for a new player something like Kobold Hide Boots are a far superior value for like merely 50p as opposed to 5k purchase.

10hp > 9 int until level 20s or 30s maybe

So a baller will indeed twink a level 1 ikk necro with gebs. But most won't because that 5k is better spent elsewhere.
gebs camp is soloable by a FEW classes right now, but duoable by a ton, and trioable by almost anyone - but come 60 its a solo camp for damn near anyone but a tank/melee, i was amazed they still sell for 1k on blue
Old 09-19-2020, 05:52 PM
Banned

I'm with you. Have done exactly what you're saying.

The reason gebs retain value for so long is the influx of new players that come with Kunark and then again with Velious who will want gebs. It's basic supply and demand stuff.

Camp itself is relatively trivial.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:11 PM
Orc

having more int or wis does very little for a caster, unless your building a max mana build to quad it does absolutely nothing, especially when you cant even find 4 monsters to quad on green lol
Old 09-19-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Gatorscale sleeves are like rawhide sleeves on this server, great value for what they provide! Cant say the same for pants idk, but people just throwing sleeves at me.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

Djarn's Ring is also extremely over priced here. On live I remember it being _maybe_ a little more than Velium Fire Wedding Rings
Old 09-19-2020, 07:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Djarn's Ring is also extremely over priced here. On live I remember it being _maybe_ a little more than Velium Fire Wedding Rings
djarn ring is like 10-15% drop on an already rare spawn, average like 40-50 hours the few times ive farmed it, so i understand the price and its a min/max ring
Old 09-19-2020, 07:55 PM
Banned

Pretty much every weapon over 1k is going to be overvalued once Kunark drops.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:25 PM
Kobold

hero bracers are so great and so cheap, same with runed bone fork. amazing items
Old 09-20-2020, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sold them for 3-5K through PoP on live. Only way I could make money worthwhile as a paladin(or so I thought).

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 09-20-2020, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sold them for 3-5K through PoP on live. Only way I could make money worthwhile as a paladin(or so I thought).
I only played through Luclin, but on CT I remember them being < 1k by Luclin. Maybe they went up again with inflation /shrug. In those days I was an EC fat cat, so I'm pretty good with the prices of the era.
Closed Thread