Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Banned

I just want to get dispel mechanics right here
Old 04-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

"Brad McQuaid didn’t do shit. (News Flash?) He’s had an opiate addiction for years now, which only got progressively worse as the project failed. His cumulative face time with sigil designers in the most crucial final years of development? Approx: 15 minutes. And some of the time was spent begging for legitimately acquired narcotics (Or in times of desperation, jacking them from people’s desk)."
Old 04-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

The dude rides motorcycles - how can anyone have an opium addiction when they ride?

Boggles the mind
Old 04-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Banned

he uses meth on the road
Old 04-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forget about all the stuff that you said about Brad, or the fact you are mouthing off about it because this is the RNF forum for a second. Who the fuck do you think you are that you know what we do or do not want? Also, and I'm really tired of hearing this, but why the hell do you think EverQuest is a liked game. People think it's because it was our first foray into MMOs, or maybe it's because of nostalgia. Here's what I would like to propose, and you probably won't like it because I doubt your brain can handle the concept; EverQuest is the definition of perfect chaos.

EverQuest was created by a team of people that had very little game design experience, very little foresight into game mechanics, and shit is imbalanced as all fuck, but it's perfect. The reason that it's perfect is because it takes chances and it rolls with ideas. It is fearless. WoW was a perfect storm building off of the success of games previous to it and exploding into something uncontrollable, and it has brought down and sunk every single MMO that has released since it. It is actually such a large anomaly that every MMO that competes with it should just have never existed.

People don't want a new game, they want a BETTER EverQuest, they want an EverQuest that has current graphics, has a non-clunky interface, a game that actually has consequences for what your fucking character does in the stupid fucking game. They want mechanics that are punishing and unforgiving and they want the journey to the top to mean something more than just following quest hubs and getting to the max level to raid.

They wanted Vanguard. Something that people don't talk much about, but something I know and I'm sure several others do as well, but not very long after the release of World of Warcraft and the success that it garnered, there was a memo that went out to the teams of people working on MMOs and they were asked to make their games more like WoW. Thus the SWG new combat, thus many of the other directional changes that Sony took in regards to EverQuest, EverQuest 2, etc. No one wanted Brad's vision, not even Sony after they bought Sigil.

The point I'm making is that people are greedy, and I am tired of assholes telling me what I do or do not want. I don't want EverQuest with new graphics, I just want a game that is better than EverQuest and has some fucking balls. I want a game that is smarter than me just running a treadmill.
First: People don't want a new game, they want a BETTER EverQuest, they want an EverQuest that has current graphics

Followed by: I don't want EverQuest with new graphics,

Hard 2 argue against that, I guess. n u just agreed with what I was sayin in your rage filled post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who the fuck do you think you are that you know what we do or do not want? .
Skeeter Valentine. dont fuck with the silver skeeter yo
Old 04-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First: People don't want a new game, they want a BETTER EverQuest, they want an EverQuest that has current graphics

Hard 2 argue against that, I guess. n u just agreed with what I was sayin in your rage filled post.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Banned

More lucky than exploit

Honk honk!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Banned

our frustrations in this microcosm mirror the reality of an old world in ashes that we never saw
Old 04-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

good read here full of some real gold concerning Vanguard development.

http://www.thegrouchygamer.com/?p=80

"It was pretty shocking (and just lame) to hear John Smedly actually get angry and complain to people after the layoff’s that he, “didn’t know what he was buying.” He even expressed anger at Jeff and Brad for bamboozlin’ him."
Old 04-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry, the game I described wasn't EverQuest, I wasn't sure if you would get it or not, your brain doesn't seem to function that well.
Closed Thread