Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 03:12 AM
Banned

Any bard while leveling up sitting on their ass just playing songs is a waste of a spot.
Instrumented songs are pretty overhyped and only noticeable with regen and selos. no one will notice 10-20 extra str from a bard in their damage

In raids however people will want you twisting mana song for a group of 5 casters. or in the main tank group boosting resists

But anyone currently in this thread are old and cant change instruments fast but still think they matter while leveling up and LARPing as someone who matters. If you want to sit back and still do good, roll an enchanter. I loved both my bards on blue and had a fucking blast leveling up either by chain pulling like a champ, or tanking low-non raid stuff I enjoyed my enchanter much more. charming chanter is often the highest dps, mana regener and mez better than a bard
Old 09-12-2020, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any bard while leveling up sitting on their ass just playing songs is a waste of a spot.
Instrumented songs are pretty overhyped and only noticeable with regen and selos. no one will notice 10-20 extra str from a bard in their damage

In raids however people will want you twisting mana song for a group of 5 casters. or in the main tank group boosting resists

But anyone currently in this thread are old and cant change instruments fast but still think they matter while leveling up and LARPing as someone who matters. If you want to sit back and still do good, roll an enchanter. I loved both my bards on blue and had a fucking blast leveling up either by chain pulling like a champ, or tanking low-non raid stuff I enjoyed my enchanter much more. charming chanter is often the highest dps, mana regener and mez better than a bard
Pertinent Songs positively affected by instruments:
Cantana(needs instrument lower lvls)
Regen
Atk/damage shield
Resists
Selos
Dots
Pbaoe snare
Invis
Mana sieve
Lev
Rune
Nivs

At low lvls having your instrument out for regen/cantana alone is better than weapons in most groups, and obviously for swarm kiting, charm killing, root rot duoing, pulling with or without eye of zomm. Ideally you can swap a lute of howler in for primary right before cantana regen lands you can melee. If you have to choose bw Just instruments or weapons instruments come ahead pretty much always unless fear kiting(and even then it’s close without super good ratios) until you get your epic.

Also bard mana regen crushes an enchanters you obviously don’t know what the fuck you are talking about.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pertinent Songs positively affected by instruments:
Cantana(needs instrument lower lvls)
Regen
Atk/damage shield
Resists
Selos
Dots
Pbaoe snare
Invis
Mana sieve
Lev
Rune
Nivs

At low lvls having your instrument out for regen/cantana alone is better than weapons in most groups, and obviously for swarm kiting, charm killing, root rot duoing, pulling with or without eye of zomm. Ideally you can swap a lute of howler in for primary right before cantana regen lands you can melee. If you have to choose bw Just instruments or weapons instruments come ahead pretty much always unless fear kiting(and even then it’s close without super good ratios) until you get your epic.

Also bard mana regen crushes an enchanters you obviously don’t know what the fuck you are talking about.
level 34 Cantina - nice for afk downtime but actual rotation in combat? stop
Regen - While nice, mostly best for downtime. never once did a 6 second server tick of, an example, 15-30 hp ever made a difference, and if it did remember the % chances all over for it to matter vs you sitting back not meleeing
resists - not very useful while leveling, but great in raids
selos - im starting to think you didnt read my post
dots - while great, they very rarely tick all the way through to full duration when exping in a group.
pbaoe snare - the movement speed is improved with instrument, however the attack speed slow is fixed
invis - if i knew what pedantic meant i might use it here
drain mana - again, raid situation
lev - see invis. not see invis, but look up to the see invis line
rune - since runes are like 50~ damage i never once considered the thought that instruments might help
nivs - Singing skill, only the epic will boost it

Again, if you are not versatile to adapt to situations. dont play a bard. you wont always melee, you wont always sit back and cantina a group, you wont always be in the main tank group, you wont always be in the 5 ranger group buffing them to high fuck getting exp all throughout PoG as the regens come alive to keep everyone going as you go /anon and someone catches you being a bard and a group of necros wants a battery asking, begging and threatening to come into their group but you are just too god damn happy watching everyones health regen so fast and your resist and atk/str songs are at their maximum effect wait im babbling. Again, if you think a bard always does one job at all times, go play something else.

To anyone who is currently reading: Do you even have "target nearest outward" bound to anything so they can start singing mez and switch back to the attack target on the fly? Not tab targeting. Bound mine to tilde since assist macros dont work while casting.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regen - While nice, mostly best for downtime. never once did a 6 second server tick of, an example, 15-30 hp ever made a difference, and if it did remember the % chances all over for it to matter vs you sitting back not meleeing
dots - while great, they very rarely tick all the way through to full duration when exping in a group.
pbaoe snare - the movement speed is improved with instrument, however the attack speed slow is fixed
rune - since runes are like 50~ damage i never once considered the thought that instruments might help

Again, if you are not versatile to adapt to situations. dont play a bard. you wont always melee, you wont always sit back and cantina a group, you wont always be in the main tank group, you wont always be in the 5 ranger group buffing them to high fuck getting exp all throughout PoG as the regens come alive to keep everyone going as you go /anon and someone catches you being a bard and a group of necros wants a battery asking, begging and threatening to come into their group but you are just too god damn happy watching everyones health regen so fast and your resist and atk/str songs are at their maximum effect wait im babbling. Again, if you think a bard always does one job at all times, go play something else.

To anyone who is currently reading: Do you even have "target nearest outward" bound to anything so they can start singing mez and switch back to the attack target on the fly? Not tab targeting. Bound mine to tilde since assist macros dont work while casting.
We should just duel on our bards or setup some kind of bard solo artist challenge so I can make you look dumb
Old 09-26-2020, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Cantana during combat is super useful both for mana regen, and also for healing up people that aren't at 100% but also aren't taking damage. Save the healers mana. Also, bard DS is massive. With instruments, can easily be roughly 50 damage per hit, which is significant. Also, many bard songs up stats, and ATK, which every rogue will love you for.

But ya, bards suck in groups and shouldn't play songs? Ok.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

On Green Bards will soon be shunned from all XP groups 50-60
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-03-2020, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Green Bards will soon be shunned from all XP groups 50-60
What lol I’d say bard is probably the most valuable hybrid that can actually pull its extra 40% penalty in a group.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What lol I’d say bard is probably the most valuable hybrid that can actually pull its extra 40% penalty in a group.
Kunark hurts bards in a big way in my opinion. Only Hybrids that are going to be welcomed are tanks.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Bards who carry around bags of gear can be surprisingly good tanks. They have the added benefits great of aggro and really strong CC abilities while tanking.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:55 AM
Kobold

Yeah, as a relative newb to P99 in 2013 (still Kunark, still hybrid penalty), I leveled my bard in Seb from 56 to 60 in Mystic Koada'Dal gear (which I managed to afford thanks to a lucky find of an iksar BP) and tanked a bit in that gear. Not the greatest gear but pretty damn good for leveling up.

Also, bards make otherwise broken groups at least functional. For example, a group with necro main healer. Hell, I remember a group at ABC in Sebilis, where it was my bard, 3 rogues and a cleric. I was puller, tank, cc, haster, slower, snarer etc. People ask, who forms a group like this? No one, but people come and go, and suddenly that's what you're left with, and I made it work for another 3 hours.

That's what a bard does for your group.
Closed Thread