Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, Monks have Triple Attack? What!?
Warriors and monks get it at 60. Warriors get it earlier in the patch timeline too if you’re playing on a season server.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors and monks get it at 60. Warriors get it earlier in the patch timeline too if you’re playing on a season server.
I may just have to make an Ogre Warrior at some point once I can fully twink one out. I'd definitely want access to Shrink for an Ogre though.

I like Monk gameplay, but I hate that they have to be so weight conscious and basically can't loot anything, especially when playing solo.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Just ask a mage to summon some for you. I'm always glad to help out monks in my group with them (currently running around Sol A where those damn juicy bricks are like 15 weight each). I wouldn't mind doing the same for any monk outside my group, too, as long as they are not trying to get me to cross a zone to them for it.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

All the dps melees (Including Rangers) with ntov or other god loot can push well past the casual level of dps. Monks and Rogues are just MUCH easier to get to a high level with cheap droppable weapons and easy epics.

The prob with a DPS warrior is supply. If you have two in a group that’s great. Even without aggro dumping skills they are fine to soak up damage. It’s just rare to find two in a group. It’s hard enough just to find one tank if you include pallies and sk’s. Filling a group with dps pet classes rangers, monks, and rogues is damn easy.

On a raid normal warriors do good dps but under monks and rogues. Great one push the envelope much higher. Again though...not with seb croaking dirks and guard capt mallets though.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the dps melees (Including Rangers) with ntov or other god loot can push well past the casual level of dps. Monks and Rogues are just MUCH easier to get to a high level with cheap droppable weapons and easy epics.

The prob with a DPS warrior is supply. If you have two in a group that’s great. Even without aggro dumping skills they are fine to soak up damage. It’s just rare to find two in a group. It’s hard enough just to find one tank if you include pallies and sk’s. Filling a group with dps pet classes rangers, monks, and rogues is damn easy.

On a raid normal warriors do good dps but under monks and rogues. Great one push the envelope much higher. Again though...not with seb croaking dirks and guard capt mallets though.
I was under the impression that Knights and Warriors are fairly common classes, and that DPS like Monks, Rogues, and pet classes like Necros and Magicians are much rarer.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was under the impression that Knights and Warriors are fairly common classes, and that DPS like Monks, Rogues, and pet classes like Necros and Magicians are much rarer.
I’d do a /w all search next time you are online. While many are anon and /roleplay on the list of classes sk’s and pallies are FAR more rare. I’d guess monks - rogues - warriors - rangers - sk’s - pally (least).

My point is there are 6 dps classes and that doesn’t include ench’s with pets. Finding a goofball to take the hits is harder. At least one with the stats as intended by the game devs.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

If I make ask, what does a Warrior need to be able to effectively and efficiently solo.

And how does an unfunded Warrior with no gear solo and survive without any assistance whatsoever (I.E buffs from another player)?
Old 06-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Bandages, a decent weapon and low con single blues. Even the most basic gear will let you mitigate damage well enough for your battle bandage macro to keep up. Then you just want a choppy weapon in primary.

Sometimes it helps to keep a factioned green around (or a factioned mob around the corner) to stop runners. Lowest levels a polished granite tomahawk improves survivability nicely. I used axe of the slayers from 30, but better options are available. The vehement sword (of someone, can't remember the full name) is handy at 45, but not much longer.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bandages, a decent weapon and low con single blues. Even the most basic gear will let you mitigate damage well enough for your battle bandage macro to keep up. Then you just want a choppy weapon in primary.

Sometimes it helps to keep a factioned green around (or a factioned mob around the corner) to stop runners. Lowest levels a polished granite tomahawk improves survivability nicely. I used axe of the slayers from 30, but better options are available. The vehement sword (of someone, can't remember the full name) is handy at 45, but not much longer.
You can bandage in combat? That's pretty nifty actually, especially if you can keep your HP just below the 40% mark but not let it fall into the danger zone.

I would think that, once the Warrior gets some good clickies, like Invigorate, they can be a lot more self sufficient. Especially if they have some way to cast or proc Root.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You can bandage in combat?
Yes, but...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=334262
Closed Thread