Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Ouch, yeah, think I'll need a few more levels before I try messing with that! Probably would end badly, especially since the stupid FV guards don't attack pirates. I learned that lesson when I used the wrong map from after they had moved spell vendors going to get breeze and got agro from one.

Once I hit 34 I will head out there and play around for sure, seems like a mostly unpopulated zone with a ton of mobs around. Have you tried killing the drachnids as well?
Old 10-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

some of the drachnids like to cast snare. i wonder if that would make them good pets for fear kiting? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

I never even thought about that, I was just wondering if they were easy to kill! Enchanter duo, one with a drachnid for snare and one with a pirate for BS.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouch, yeah, think I'll need a few more levels before I try messing with that! Probably would end badly, especially since the stupid FV guards don't attack pirates. I learned that lesson when I used the wrong map from after they had moved spell vendors going to get breeze and got agro from one.

Once I hit 34 I will head out there and play around for sure, seems like a mostly unpopulated zone with a ton of mobs around. Have you tried killing the drachnids as well?
Drachnids not really worth it IMO. They:

1) Don't cast snare very often at all.
2) Are often SOW'd.
3) Have a damage shield which, if you're trying to use a consistant pet is going to cause you to have to mem blur heal quite often.
4) Will more often then not at least get 1 DoT off on you.

The only Drachnids are also near the DL zoneline which is far away from where the pirates mainly roam. I always called the section where Tracker Azael kneels beside a lone rock my camp (follow the coast along the sheer rock cliff). There is a hill with rocks on the top nearby where there is NEVER a shortage of mobs.

Other tips:
1a) Don't cast illusions that FV factioned NPC's will agro against. Nothing sucks more than getting a Pilgrim or Drixie add and having to pull away/mem blur.
B) If you're bound in FV at the bank (which I suspect mny people are) you will eventually gate to save yourself time. Bad idea with Air ele illusion on.
2) Don't fight Goblin Shamans - not worth it.
Closed Thread