Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecometus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we are on the subject, Lodi should not be on the same script as Stormfeather and after camping him for 3 weeks it is clear he IS on the same script. Lodi should be a 12 hour respawn with some variance.
You will not be given a shred of acknowledgement until you create a thread in the technical forum. That's how it works.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tough, shit's classic.

People wait at Hadden for hours, they do the OOT AC for hours, if you don't want to camp you're in the minority as this server thrives on people camping items to sell in EC.

World of Warcraft needs subscribers if you want something easy.
Or if you have a job or life. Thank god this server is free [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] right?

If you think parking a character and waiting for hours is hard then life is going to be rough.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecometus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we are on the subject, Lodi should not be on the same script as Stormfeather and after camping him for 3 weeks it is clear he IS on the same script. Lodi should be a 12 hour respawn with some variance.
"Please make the item I want more accessible"
Old 09-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Please make the item I want more accessible"
Heh, so true. Man I remember back in like 2001 sitting there for like 3 days, it skipped a spawn, straight before I got it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I thought I would have a Heart Attack before it happened. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Worse damn Spawn I ever camped. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you have been wasting your time. It is why I get a laugh when people complain about this like clearing the PH's entitles them to the spawn. Happens a lot in Sro.
Laughed when I first learned about this. Sad-funny considering how many times it worked, /telling random "snipers" to help clear or please leave. Whole zone to self, but at the cost of clearing green cons over and over and it doing fuck all apparently.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Laughed when I first learned about this. Sad-funny considering how many times it worked, /telling random "snipers" to help clear or please leave. Whole zone to self, but at the cost of clearing green cons over and over and it doing fuck all apparently.
It's an improvement in my mind, but somewhat surprised since everything else on the server is so close to original spec.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Just looking for some backup on making SF classic, troll away if you must. It's sad I have to be the one to make the post in the technical forums when there must be hundreds of people that remember killing Lodi twice a day with NO skips. One trip to Alla makes it clear that Lodi is a 10+ hour spawn and has never been tweeked. People were still going for Eyepatches in 2006 it seems.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Just looking for some backup on making SF classic, troll away if you must. It's sad I have to be the one to make the post in the technical forums when there must be hundreds of people that remember killing Lodi twice a day with NO skips. One trip to Alla makes it clear that Lodi is a 10+ hour spawn and has never been tweeked. People were still going for Eyepatches in 2006 it seems.
There are already a number of threads regarding Lodizal and Stormfeather's timers. Please contribute.

Regarding Lodizal, there seems to be some support for a post-2001 change to his spawn timer.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=119778
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=160464
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=185032
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=207799
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=172507
Old 09-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Looks like there IS evidence to support Lodi as coded, I will demure.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Tough, shit's classic.

People wait at Hadden for hours, they do the OOT AC for hours, if you don't want to camp you're in the minority as this server thrives on people camping items to sell in EC.

World of Warcraft needs subscribers if you want something easy.
Actually no, people don't do AC for hours. They bugger offline or to alts that you cannot reach(or sometimes can reach) and then expect to be in the list still eight hours later(even after they missed their turn), meanwhile other people actually form a physical line.

I haven't been by AC in a while however that's how I remember it is handled on this server. In short, those who do it frequently try to manipulate how the camp is run and believe they can remove, add and change the list how they see fit.

It also doesn't help that Rogean's comments and Derubael's rules are in contradiction. with one another.
Closed Thread