Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Orc

Default Map viewer utility

Hey all. I've been working very hard to get this program working and looking well enough to present it lol...there are other map viewing programs but what they seem to lack is the ability to plot your location and / or another location on the map. The program is completely passive and does NOT interact with the EQ client in any way - your /loc must be manually entered in order to plot it to the map. Not sure how useful this will be to anyone, but for me it is mostly for CR's. i tried to make the interface as simple and intuitive as possible. Panning is done by dragging the map around in the frame. This is a little finnicky because I've never coded anything like that before. Only thing you should take note of is if you alt-tab to and from the program it clears the map: just click on the map and it renders it again. I've included two uploads: one is the program and map files, the other is the entire VB.NET 2010 project. This does require .net framework 4.0 to run. I'm happy to answer any questions that you have. If anyone wants to run a virus scan on this and post it, that'd be helpful. I would do it, but I don't see what that would accomplish, lol.

ETA: Mods, if you feel like this is against the rules, by all means, delete it. Figured I'd share a helpful utility, hopefully it isn't something that'll be frowned upon.

ETA2: ****There is now an option to read from EQ Log files. Simply click the 'Choose Log' button then check the 'Read Logs' checkbox and /loc in game. It will plot your current location (read from the LOG file, not directly interacting with EQ in any way).

ETA3: Made some more feature changes, as requested - Pause/Break switches between opaque and transparent overlay, pressing the Scroll Lock button minimizes it. Press Pause/Break to bring it back up. Added opacity bar, ranging from 20%-100% opacity. It's possible that a virus scan would see my call to GetKeyPress and flag this as a keylogger. If you feel that's an issue, download the source and build it in VS - an express version works fine. Fixed another zone loading bug. Added refresh delay control. Added a manual "Browse for map" button, use this if a map isn't showing up in the list for any reason.

ETA4: Improved functionality of some features - you can now change the size of the square that's plotted (defaults to 7px) - made a few UI changes - better layout / contrast.
Program & Maps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nqllucykkk0y80/Debug.zip
Program, Maps & Source:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zboggcj3tmj06gj/eqmapwsrc.zip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg map.JPG (61.5 KB, 38 views)
Last edited by Mag; 10-27-2013 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: ETA
Old 10-26-2013, 04:00 AM
Aviak

coming from someone who sucks at locs thanks. Hope there's no key loggers in this lol :P.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:08 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by holkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
coming from someone who sucks at locs thanks. Hope there's no key loggers in this lol :P.
If you're concerned about that, you can download VS 2010 express, look through the project and build it yourself...there aren't any keyloggers in it, lol.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're concerned about that, you can download VS 2010 express, look through the project and build it yourself...there aren't any keyloggers in it, lol.
I was just joking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2013, 04:19 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by holkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just joking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I wasn't trying to sound like an ass or anything. Just letting you know that it's an option if you're truly concerned about it. I don't blame anyone if they are concerned and that's why I included the source. I just hope someone gets use out of it, lol. I put a lot of work in to making it less buggy before releasing it, hehe.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I wasn't trying to sound like an ass or anything. Just letting you know that it's an option if you're truly concerned about it. I don't blame anyone if they are concerned and that's why I included the source. I just hope someone gets use out of it, lol. I put a lot of work in to making it less buggy before releasing it, hehe.
I certainly appreciate it I suck ass at loc's and my friend is always LIKE HAVE YOU FOUND THE DRUID RINGS YET?! -99999999 699999999 "im running in circles heres my loc you come to me".
Old 10-26-2013, 05:22 AM
Orc

Quote:
I certainly appreciate it I suck ass at loc's and my friend is always LIKE HAVE YOU FOUND THE DRUID RINGS YET?! -99999999 699999999 "im running in circles heres my loc you come to me".
I WAS bad at locs...funny thing is now after having to research it so much, I don't reeeallly need this tool, but I'll use it anyways lol.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

the important thing to remember about /loc is that the coordinates are in Y X Z format, not X Y Z like most people are used to.

once you get that its pretty simple to look at the maps on wiki.project1999.org and plot a course across a zone.

looks like a good tool. as long as its not interacting with the EQ client in any way you're good to go.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the important thing to remember about /loc is that the coordinates are in Y X Z format, not X Y Z like most people are used to.

once you get that its pretty simple to look at the maps on wiki.project1999.org and plot a course across a zone.

looks like a good tool. as long as its not interacting with the EQ client in any way you're good to go.

welp no wonder i suck at loc's so much.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

If it read your log files would that be wrong? Similar to ahungry.com?

So all you would have to do is hit /log and /loc then it could plot you?
Closed Thread