Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 03:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I joined Live 5/6 months during SoV. Definitely had to eat and drink. Obviously am unable to state if this was the same as 1999.
It's just that I don't remember, so it took me by surprise that I had to find and buy food. My memories are foggy to say the least. I finally found and bought a stack of bottled milk and chunks of meat and promptly forgot about eating for the rest of the night. I guess that's why eating didn't stick in my memory from 15 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What class are you? Did you plump for Human Necro in the end? What zone are you in? Guessing Freeport i.e. bats, fire beetles, and thinking Human Necro. It also took me a while [Neriak] to locate the vendor selling food / water supplies. Starting out is a challenge - however, having played before (albeit many years ago) provides a huge head-start compared to brand new players.
I started in Qeynos, and I spent more time running around relearning the city (especially the Aqueducts) than I did grinding. I'm now a level 4 human necromancer. I'm still hoping someone who is a level 60 non-Iksar necromancer will come by and reassure me that I'm not horribly gimping myself once I finish leveling, but rather will just be slightly sub-optimal (say on the order of 5% less effective is what I'm hoping for). I agree that it's a LOT easier to have a slight idea of what to do, even if it's very slight in my case, than it would be to start with no knowledge whatsoever. But of course a large part of the nostalgia I have is due to the struggle to figure out how to play the first time. I'm trying to reconstruct that now, and so far this server is succeeding in spades.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:49 AM
Planar Protector

only read first line of that wall of text, but i got a few questions and observations for you.

uhh wat good mmos are out right now???? and didnt everyone reach max level in wow? doesnt take much maturity there
Old 05-27-2015, 03:56 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only read first line of that wall of text, but i got a few questions and observations for you.

uhh wat good mmos are out right now???? and didnt everyone reach max level in wow? doesnt take much maturity there
I don't see any great MMOs, that's why I'm trying this out. WoW used to take a decent amount of time to reach max level, and DAoC also, but my point was simply that as a teenager I was just messing around and didn't really advance past the low levels. Later on I became more focused in playing and got to experience the full trip to the max levels of other games, but never did for EQ. That's why I'm here! That's all.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Welcome aboard!

food and water and 3rd person view have always been available. I could never play in 1st person, though. For pulling or crowd controlling and just general situational awareness I have always played in 3rd person! You can see more of what's around you.

It may not be 100% identical to EQ live in 1999, but it's damn close and it certainly feels close enough. So many memories, so much nostalgia. I also hear the high end raid scene is "crowded" but there seems to be a lot of activity still at the lower levels. I just started a week or so ago and am likewise having a blast.
Closed Thread