Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default Magician epic in velious...achievable or nah?

Mage was a class I enjoyed on classic I loooooved all the conjuration and pets. It was made really clear to me when I started on p99 that no mage outside of the most active guild would ever land epic and not even many of those blah blah that story. Wasn't interested in devoting the time when the strongest class feature is unobtainable. Bam sham bam epic unguided at lvl 54
so
in velious will we see mage epics being more easily obtained or nah?
Old 07-20-2015, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

More Earth Staffs will potentially enter the world when Hate Minis go in.

Magi Ptasa is a 3 day spawn. I believe that Magi also has a similar drop-rate to Innoruuk, but I have no evidence to support that.

It's still a really shitty epic to do.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More Earth Staffs will potentially enter the world when Hate Minis go in.

Magi Ptasa is a 3 day spawn. I believe that Magi also has a similar drop-rate to Innoruuk, but I have no evidence to support that.

It's still a really shitty epic to do.
Yeah it is a ball buster to do, but if you are lucky you end up the the Pet from Hell lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Probably the best farming machine in the game.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

What Pasi said.

Eventually on live they pushed the earth staff onto revenant trash also. However I believe this was a 2002 addition sadly.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Sarnak

I remember getting my magician epic on live. Camping Magi'P Tasa in hate, getting called at 3:30am to wake up and log in my parked character in PoSky. (Un)thankfully I was a teenager with no life and a lot of pixel friends.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

achievable on red, give it a try there
Old 07-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Raised up a Mage on Live ('04 to '09) to level 80. Never did finish the Epic. I still believe that damn flying horse is a myth.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has a WAY better drop rate than Inny. Magi'Ptasa has less drops available AND the drop rate more than doubles from Inny's drop rate.

Secondly, Magi can spawn in multiple places at the same time.

Third, IF he has the staff, he wields it. So, you will know RIGHT AWAY if he has it or not, just by looking at him.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Mage epic is one of the top crappiest in the game to achieve, but with Hate 2.0 the current bottle neck regarding the Earth Staff will get better.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage epic is one of the top crappiest in the game to achieve, but with Hate 2.0 the current bottle neck regarding the Earth Staff will get better.
such a huge bummer being such a pivotal part of the class. It's like if monks needed a bottleneck quest for feign death to work at 60. When devs eventually consider what to do with the server as velious gets towards the end of live they should really consider doing a minor overhaul of some of the more bullshit epics. classic or not.
Closed Thread