Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Default Question for Wiki users on DynamicLists

So... I've been trying to update wiki pages more and more and get the drop info right on pages and get the Dynamic Lists to show right (such as saying 'There are 43 mobs in the Hole' and then listing every mob that is in there).

I'm running into some issues that I'm curious on 'best practices' to fix... Let's take the Hole page for instance, the era tag is {{HoleVP Era}} which is correct, that is when the zone came out. However, Nortlav the Scalekeeper wasn't in right away but was added during the Velious Era (which is tagged correctly as {{WarrensFearHateRevamp Era}}). The same issue is happening in the Plane of Fear page with Cazic Thule not showing on the Dynamic list.

The tag on Nortlav is preventing it from showing in the Dynamic List, I assume, because the list is only pulling mobs with the {{HoleVP Era}} tags. But if I update the Hole page with the {{WarrensFearHateRevamp Era}} then it isn't truly accurate since the zone came out sooner.

Or am I misunderstanding the tags, as timelines progress should ALL zone pages update to the latest Era tags? I just see issues with this for potential future progression servers where it would confuse people seeking information for their era.

Thanks for the help peeps. I'm a bit OCD on things like this if you can't tell.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Hi,

I've fixed this problem, the Dynamic List had simply been hard-coded to filter out un-released content. I have removed all these restrictions.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you Wiki master... I am in your debt! To an OCD like myself it was driving me crazy!!
Closed Thread