Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 04:59 PM
Aviak

Default Hugs and Kisses XOXO

Read a lot of the stuffs after last night's shenanigans with ToV Repops. Shitty situations all around which is why I'm doing my first actual post here. Sorry to say this isn't going to be a standard Rant, nor flame.

Concessions seem to be quite literally a garbage concept in their current implementation. As some people have posted; it ultimately yields one of two responses:

1) You know your guild is doing shady shit, but you'll just concede the next one (or two) mobs and be done with it
2) You do shady shit, knowing if/when you do have to concede, you rarely go for/get that mob anyways, so no sweat off your sack

What if concessions were still in play, just implemented slightly differently?

If your guild is caught violating a server/player agreement and are required to concede a target, then the concession is only valid if your guild still pulls/kills the target. The guild who was impacted by the concession is awarded the loot rights and the terms of the concession are then met.

It's a high-level concept, and quite frankly could possibly be pure dog-shit, but every week is the same with no progress; Guild vs Guild drama with no actual resolution or strive to make this game that we all play a bit more enjoyable for all.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

I think there are lots ... LOTS of ideas on how to fix the raid scene.

But unless:
  1. the players organize and agree on something ... which is extremely unlikely to happen, since the current system benefits a large block of players, and they have no reason to switch to a system that results in them getting less loot (ie. every other system)
  2. the staff imposes something from on top ... also extremely unlikely, now that it's come out that Rogean is heavily invested in preserving the current system

your ideas are just that: worthless ideas. Just like mine or anyone else's (this is just as true for my pet fix, rotations, as it is for any other).

Now let the 20-page thread arguing over those pointless ideas begin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

I should caveat that something probably is going to change; my point is more that any discussion of how it should change here will likely have zero impact on what actually changes.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

More than one guild can be impacted. This only works if 2 guilds are competing.

Yea the concept of concessions is flawed but there isn't an alternative that really works. If anything its a play field balancer, guilds that compete harder are more impacted by conceding future mobs

Better is to take a higher view, what kind of game changes could go in that would
A) keep raiding competitive
B) reduce the opportunities to break the rules

Currently with the pull meta rule breaking happens all the time. And more often than not it's accidental, not on purpose
Old 04-06-2019, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea the concept of concessions is flawed but there isn't an alternative that really works.
Nexii, you strike me as a pretty smart person. Are you seriously saying that, as smart as you are, you are unable to imagine any possible raid scene without "accidents" and concessions?

Old 04-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nexii, you strike me as a pretty smart person. Are you seriously saying that, as smart as you are, you are unable to imagine any possible raid scene without "accidents" and concessions?
It would be less if the raid targets were rooted. You'd have guilds more spread out over Velious / TOV. Clearing trash would take time as well, even if you COTH close it will be slower than the current solo pull meta. Yea there would be leapfrog races but generally you wouldn't want to risk the 50/50 chance of a mob over a 100% chance to get something for sure

Not the end of the world if its a little more effort. Server has tons of warmbodies -- probably 10x more than any live server would have had in era
Old 04-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be less if the raid targets were rooted. You'd have guilds more spread out over Velious / TOV. Clearing trash would take time as well, even if you COTH close it will be slower than the current solo pull meta. Yea there would be leapfrog races but generally you wouldn't want to risk the 50/50 chance of a mob over a 100% chance to get something for sure

Not the end of the world if its a little more effort. Server has tons of warmbodies -- probably 10x more than any live server would have had in era
Or rotations. Or one of fifteen hundred other ideas.

Look P99 having more people than live had absolutely is the core of the problem, but still I really think you're smarter than just "keep Aftermath dominating everything, or keep Aftermath dominating everything but root the dragons". But maybe because of those smarts you're not being honest?

I just can't believe you really can only see a single viable option to the current system.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Kobold

TBH, I think they should just remove all raid rules for NToV.

Allow train wars, camping on spawn spots, DPS sniping, etc.

Have them experience the chaos of complete anarchy, so that they will be forced to compromise on rules for their own benefit. It's embarrasing that so many adults need to be babysat while playing their elf game.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

You said it yourself Loramin, whatever proposal you might make remains a moot discussion unless you can get the admins onboard.

Danth
Old 04-06-2019, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said it yourself Loramin, whatever proposal you might make remains a moot discussion unless you can get the admins onboard.

Danth
Yup, and since evidently "the admins" don't interact with the P99 playerbase anymore (Nilbog's recent post about that shield you can wear on your back being the exception that proves the rule), the only path to doing that is to convince the staff that does "have it's ear to the ground" ... and then hope they can convince Rogean ...

... except that, thanks to Brarknar, we now have strong evidence that even that's impossible.

In other words, it's moot discussion. Period. End of sentence.

But that won't stop it from happening [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread