Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Green99 or WoW Classic?
WoW classic 201 56.30%
Green99 156 43.70%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 11:24 PM
Kobold

Quite torn on this subject. On the one hand, classic WoW is definitely the better game. I was fortunate enough to beta test and then play the original from day 1. Easily the best MMO experience of all time.

On the other hand, I've never had the fortune of playing vanilla EQ. Even P99 was well into Kunark before I landed here.

I'm curious: will the launch of classic EQ in green be *truly* classic? Enchanter is my class of choice... could I experience pre-nerf calms and pre-nerf WTYH? That might be a deciding factor for me.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 05-29-2019, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious: will the launch of classic EQ in green be *truly* classic? Enchanter is my class of choice... could I experience pre-nerf calms and pre-nerf WTYH? That might be a deciding factor for me.
Broken mechanics that absurdly favor you personally are decisive? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ToddlerVision[tm]!
Old 05-29-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Broken mechanics that absurdly favor you personally are decisive? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ToddlerVision[tm]!
hey if u dont like classic everquest then vote for the vanilla wow server
Old 05-29-2019, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quite torn on this subject. On the one hand, classic WoW is definitely the better game. I was fortunate enough to beta test and then play the original from day 1. Easily the best MMO experience of all time.

On the other hand, I've never had the fortune of playing vanilla EQ. Even P99 was well into Kunark before I landed here.

Enchanter calm/lull is already rigged as fuck on this server.

And WTYH wasn't really that great. It had incredibly high resist rates, perhaps because it had a movement and a stun component.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And WTYH wasn't really that great. It had incredibly high resist rates, perhaps because it had a movement and a stun component.
Historically in the original game--true.

When P99 first opened Whirl was "slightly" broken. It lasted full duration every time, resists weren't fully implemented so it was trivial to land it even on red-con monsters, and damage did not break the effect. It was absurd, but I would not count on that situation repeating itself since it wasn't strictly intended.

Danth
Old 05-29-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to talk about cool broken pvp spells charm/fear was the best!

hopefully on purple99 we get charm fear for a few months cus that is classic pvp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Watching a group of new players tear themselves apart because their main tank just started attacking them was the funniest thing you could see in crushbone.

Some noob shouts: "Caldalark is PK"

Caldalark shouts "NO MY COMPUTER BROKE I DON'T KNOW I SWEAR NO!"

Fearing someone who was winging was the funniest thing to watch someone just BOLT away and then come back mad as hell like 45 seconds later.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Will green have Firiona vie loot rules?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-29-2019, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

I still think its going to be discord :P
Old 05-29-2019, 08:02 PM
Banned

vanilla eq is too limited, theres almost no raid content and the server will be packed making getting any raid targets even harder

given the population and play style phinegal will have a life expectancy of 5 minutes. Wow had endless vanilla raiding content and there was almost no way your guild could consistently kill all raid content that will probably be released at launch. MC, BWL, ONY, AQ40 and Naxx reset weekly and 20 mans every 3 days, plus 5 or so world dragons.

Then theres regular instances, UBRS / LBRS and AV / AB / WSG
Old 05-30-2019, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

WoW pvp is pure toxicity to the extreme if you wanna talk about toxicity
Closed Thread