Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default AS

What the hell is adult swim doing these days? Growing up I remember watching great anime like trigun and cowboy bebop Big o etc etc etc

Nowadays all I see are commercials for superjail, eaglehheart, and childrens hospital. why did they give up on the great classics for these HORRIBLE HORRIBLE reality tv shows.

Adult swim is good from 11pm-12am, family guy, and maybe some nights robot chicken if im real high.

Modern television is depressing.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah it's pretty sad. Nothing the calibur of Venture Bros. in a long time.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Kobold

Superjail is reality TV? You must be really high. I think its a decent show, but I also agree that the programming as a whole has gone downhill.

Squidbillies usually makes me want to stick a spoon in my eye.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

What caliber of nerd do you have to be to associate AS with Adult Swim
Old 04-26-2011, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What caliber of nerd do you have to be to associate AS with Adult Swim
1st order, 7th circle
Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Orc

the only show i really really enjoy is Venture Bros and aqua teen. supposed to be new seasons of those coming tho! im actually starting to get interested in cowboy bebop that show used to put me to sleep but now that im older it's interested me.

i miss Trigun. want to watch it again but all the DVDs are bloody expensive. also they only played the first season of witchhunter robin wich was a great dissapointment. i got so into that show then they just cut it short. was there only so many episodes dubbed for english?

Bottom line is that it is really dissapointing that adult swim stopped being the one 'station' that went out on a limb and tried new shows that was really different or played good anime to the station that sucks seth mcfarlin's dick and started making their OWN shows that suck and use the type of humor that only a bunch of comedians in a large group thing are funny but really dont wash well once they are taped.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Could never stand the anime on adult swim. I did watch it more often years ago though. Today its not really as good as it used to be. Then again you can say that shit about anything.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassracerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the station that sucks seth mcfarlin's dick and started making their OWN shows that suck and use the type of humor that only a bunch of comedians in a large group thing are funny but really dont wash well once they are taped.
This.

90% of the programming comes from the paid staff of Seth MacFarlane, and Seth Green... Both of which are terribly shitty writers and comedians that rely too much on pop-culture parody.

If Adult Swim was more like MTV Animation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Animation the quality would exponentially go up seeing as it wouldn't just be 4 hours of back-to-back family guy/american dad and robot chicken bloc's to which we've seen the same episodes over a thousand times over the course of 7 years...

Adult Swim just does poorly in what they do, they fail to live up to the great animated comedy that exuded from the 90's, they failed to be as good as Anime Unleashed! from the TechTV/G4 bloc's which were completely unedited and more fresh, obscure and interesting. They simply exist just to make money off syndication, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:18 AM
Fire Giant

Archer is awesome.

that is all.

but yeah, the AS quality has gone waaaay down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:21 AM
Banned

are you really this retarded? cowboy bebop and trigun are long-expired anime shows that adult swim syndicated.. you seem unable to distinguish between syndicated shows and actual adult swim productions
Closed Thread