Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasnt really having too much trouble last night, on my 53 ench on red.

By 55 you want to move on.
I was gaining close to a yellow an hour up until 59 on the wall in CoM. am not aware of any better / safer spot.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was gaining close to a yellow an hour up until 59 on the wall in CoM. am not aware of any better / safer spot.
Wowzers.

I've gotten so used to 1 blue per hour, no matter the group or the zone, on my rogue, that the thought of measuring xp in yellows seems ridiculous. Lol. Only time I've earned xp faster than that since 50 was duo with a necro in BW, but too many light blues there now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

So my favorite way to level as an enchanter is to find backstabbing rogue mobs and either fearkite or group with a tank/healer and just drop things at an alarming rate. With that in mind the spots I've found leveling up to the low 50's so far:

1. Unrest. The barkeep backstabs and can be used to duo/trio the whole upstairs.

2. Mistmoore. Mistmoore is an enchanters paradise, besides being great exp, lots of low HP mobs, always people around to group with, etc. There are numerous backstabbing mobs. The Dark Elf Initiates in leather armor (male or female) which can be found from the entranceway up to right before the pit backstab and are easy to charm. Once these get too low and you move to castle entrance groups, the gypsy dancer pulled from the ballroom backstabs. Additionally, the gypsy musicians all backstab too, however they have a major disadvantage in that every night they despawn and turn into werewolves (so you lose the pet automatically every PM). The dancer doesn't do this. This means MM can take you from 20-40 in very short order as mobs can be killed at an alarmingly fast rate with your quadding, backstabbing, hasted pet in small groups.

3. Spirocs in TD. The Spiroc provens (which are the highest level basic mobs) backstab for around 312 dmg and quad w/ weapons for 104. You can fearkite these and basically just drop every bird in the zone at a sickening rate. I did it with a cleric mostly, also tried with a necro and druid, it all worked well.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Pirate Cartographers in FV - backstab for 192 and triple for 63ish. Also, they usually come with a weapon already so worst case scenario you need to find 1 more wep for them.

Head over to the lone rock along the coast to where Tracker Azeal is (he is usually kneeling), pull using tash and fear. Hasted pets without any other added DPS require 1 of this type of fear before pet kills them:

Pirate (lower level): Fear.
- higher: Chase the moon
Drolvarg Savages: Fear
Drolvarg Growlers: Chase the moon.
Drolvarg Snarlers: Chase the moon with possible Fear thrown in towards the end depending on duration.
Pirate Cartographers (lower): Fear.
- higher: Chase the moon.
Pirate Destroyers: Chase the moon.

If you pull them closer to the coast (at least past the tracker) they will usually stay running around and just do circles. If you fear them past the rock they will run straight out into the great yonder.

At 38 I am getting 2.5 oranges/hour chain pulling - solo. Remember: this is with the pet taking 50% xp.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermicelli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spectral Curates are my fave pets in Karnor's Castle because when charm breaks, you can drain their mana with Theft of Thought to get a tasty lil bump...
If you're ever duo'ing with a cleric, consider duelling them for some theft of thought mana... worked wonders when I was duoing in Chardok ages ago (before all the AOE groups showed up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 10-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're ever duo'ing with a cleric, consider duelling them for some theft of thought mana... worked wonders when I was duoing in Chardok ages ago (before all the AOE groups showed up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
I thought that when you were in a duel you weren't able to cast any beneficial spells (they effectively became an NPC to you in that regard). Is this different on P99?
Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Would also like to throw this out that Goblin Stalgknights in Nurga make amazing pets. They are SK's and proc Vampiric curse almost every swing. In addition, the only REAL casting they do is their 5pt lifetap which is an almost instant cast so you don't really have to worry about reduced DPS as a result.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Aviak

Good thread. I was using the rogue in HK last night and was absolutely shredding reds.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandamwtc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good thread. I was using the rogue in HK last night and was absolutely shredding reds.
Osargen is an absolute beast. When I was in HHK we decided to deck him out in bronze armor as well. I wish I took a screenshot of that because he looked sick. Mezzmerelda was the lucky enchanter in charge of controlling him.

On topic, I'm hearing Spiroc Provens in TD are also rogues. Not too sure how the camp is laid out but I'm going to give it a try when FV really starts to green out. Its too bad that outta the three birds that are supposed to spawn there that the provens are the highest level.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Versus Spectres in Oasis @ level 39-49. Charm the gypsy merchant and have him dual weild.

Versus Spirocs in Timorous Deep @ level 44-52. Don't forget about the shaman Spiroc, A Spiroc Warrior. Don't charm raptors in TD. No room to kite.

Solo nuke Misty Thicket guards at 29-40. The single spawns, not the 4 group. not until 39ish.
Closed Thread