Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 01:13 PM
Aviak

Hey, I am on my shawl quest and stuck at the part where I need to get a swordfish tooth for the shawl quest. If any of you druids would like a necro buddy to help out in there I would be glad to give SG a shot. Level 58.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Aviak

After leveling a druid to 60 and killing raptors from 51 to 59 I would unequivocally tell you to suck it up and go to the bear pits in perma. I was scared to death at first but it is so easy and better exp than anything you can get at that level. There are youtube videos explaining what to do. Druids will even group with you and clear both top and bottom pits so they don't have to worry about breaking charm. Just do it.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Bear pits!

Lower camp is where the action exp is. This video explains it and it looks really intimidating, but it's very simple and easy once you get the hang of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC2RACrRz-8

Top camp easymode and not as good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2giftYIfuHo

I don't agree with everything they do in these videos --especially their guide on how to get to the bear pits involving training, binding, and porting out. Just root and camp the aggro. It's easy and safer than training. -- but they're solid introductions to the camp.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:38 PM
Kobold

At 56 with 150 CHA, I could barely get bard charm to land. Many dashes to the zone line
Old 09-23-2018, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman_so_fresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 56 with 150 CHA, I could barely get bard charm to land. Many dashes to the zone line
CHA has zero effect on bard charm. only affects enchanters.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:42 AM
Skeleton

I did do the shawl bit in SG involving charming a seahorse killing the swordfish and then dying... Having to run naked in to loot the quest item. My experience is that it's hard to exp as a druid in SG due to both resisting mobs and scary pathing/adding. I allso did raptors and bear pit to get lvl 60 and it works. Other things to consider is quadding ghost armors on Wakeninglands maybe grabbing the odd Haze Panther selling the skin for 1k to a tailor. Or I think doing the forager/hunter cycles in Trak forrest killing the nameds that popps would give exp albeit a bit slow maybe? They do con DB to a lvl 60 tho. Happy hunting!

-Rebro
Old 09-23-2018, 06:18 AM
Banned

At the minimum you’ll need a chanter or shaman friend to debuff mobs magic resistance and even then it will be hard.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Otter'ly unthinkable?
You otter know.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:38 AM
Kobold

Sounds like it would be awful tough at 59. I think I may try some otter ideas.
Thanks for all the input.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Plane of Mischief!

On live, I'd never been there before....so on this server is where I first experienced it. Now I always take my characters there.

Not every character can make it a home. But a 59 druid is actually one of the few who can solo even at the upper end of things (necro, shaman, druid, enchanter, and cleric with a duo are good there).

Also very few people know this (since they go so late), but the yard stuff at the entrance is great for most solo classes at 46 up to 53ish. I went there with my necro and my ranger at 46 :3

Melee classes are a bit more tricky making it a home though (since getting back without a rez is tricky, unless you can bind there).

But druid? Oh yea, go to PoM, bind there....and maybe you will never leave, mu ha ho hoe he ho hehe.
Closed Thread