Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

I maintain a couple software projects in the cryptocurrency mining field and these things trigger every possible antivirus warning in the world (because so many actualy trojans install hidden miners on your comp).

Avast (and all/most other major antivirus editors) has a system for developers to submit new binary files, which can be done PRIOR to actual public release of the said files.

Usually takes a few days to process / analyze, and then your files no longer trigger antivirus alerts on computers who have up-to-date anvirirus definitions.

It's really a matter of, maybe 3-4 days before release, taking like 15 minutes, go through your bookmarks of such antivirus submission system and submit the new files everywhere.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:38 AM
Planar Protector

Rogean: the Getting Started guide in the Starting Zone forum just sends people back to the Announcements forum. It doesn't link to the actual files. Should change that.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, Mr. Security Expert:

What does that 'Trojan' do?
How should I know do you see me claiming to be a security expert?

But ain't nobody new going to be okay with these patches when they get flagged with a trojan by literally every single anti virus program even windows flags it and if windows is flagging it then it's clearly doing something it shouldn't be doing. Like installing rootkits to conceal what it is doing?

All I want to know is if this issue is going to be fixed.

IF the file isn't doing anything harmful like spying on everything you do why not just send it to Avast so they can go over it and then post the response from Avast in a public thread?
Last edited by Vyal; 10-01-2019 at 06:01 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, Mr. Security Expert:

What does that 'Trojan' do?
Damn thing breaks my maps.

Wont let me cheat.

Now its making my client more classic, breaking cycle targets.

Next thing you know, the trojan will break my scroll wheel and I will have to F9 again.

Damn you!!!!!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wont let me cheat.

Next thing you know, the trojan will break my scroll wheel and I will have to F9 again.

Damn you!!!!!
There’s only so much excitement I can handle Haynar.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wont let me cheat.

Damn you!!!!!
I don't cheat all I am saying is when someone decides they might want to try Green and they come here and they start seeing that the patch is a trojan many will not play it.

Clearly a rootkit to conceal what it does. All of this I assume is part of some anti cheating thing.

The very least you could do is send the file to Avast and have them send you back their diagnoses then post that on the forums to show people it's safe.

Some time ago a new UO server came out and had its own installer and patches. They claimed the same things "it's nothing but a false positive" so I have heard this exact line before. But in reality it was installing a bunch of things in peoples browsers.

Once people finally figured out what was going on they fixed the installer and patches to make sure there was no more malware.

Don't you want people to know the file is safe? Just send it to Avast and post their response.
i'll do it nvm
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Vyal; 10-01-2019 at 09:20 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Wont let me cheat.

Damn you!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s only so much excitement I can handle Haynar.
Please reformat into Vince McMahon falling off chair format.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Kobold

So mobs that CH and are chain mana drained are still CHing like it ain't no thang. Also when you try to cast Theft of Thought on them, you are told they have no mana.

This push change might be OK if it requires you to be more tactical about removing their mana but this pretty clearly seems like a bug.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ever since the patch, mobs in Upper Guk (for me specifically, the AC camp) are experiencing pathing issues where instead of running/swimming away through the water as they have normally for decades, but they are now pathing ***through the wall*** (see edit below). When they pop out the other side of the wall, they are pathing ON TOP of the ceiling, and when killed their corpses are unreachable and un-lootable. This has led to several large trains in the zone over the last few days, and TOO MUCH Ancient Croc loot rotting away.

I can't believe that Upper Guk is the only zone where this is an issue.

Edit:

Upon closer inspection, fleeing crocs (from the AC camp) are not pathing through the walls... they run to the water as expected, but rather than falling into and swimming through the water, they jump up on top of the ceiling, and THEN proceed to travel through what would be a wall.
Last edited by ALLWILL; 10-01-2019 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: Additional Bug Information
Old 10-01-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Wont let me cheat.

Damn you!!!!!
YOU GOT HAYNAR'D BITCH!!!1!
Closed Thread