Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Senior Server Guide

Hi folks, /beta appears to be working now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Aussie last seen nerfing troll shaman with gm powers in oasis on blue server. Red as fuck.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks, Aussie! Copying over. Will play later tonight and try to nab a couple bugs. Any suggestions on some zones or mobs that people haven't really been touching so far on beta?

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

Big things happening in this thread!
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yuss and I just got a fungi! Time to copy the rogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how about they spawn some raid content; you can only test the same trash so many times!
any chance at giving everyone max faction everywhere so we can test quests or something close to this?

farming trash over and over again isnt great testing
Old 04-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Senior Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any chance at giving everyone max faction everywhere so we can test quests or something close to this?

farming trash over and over again isnt great testing
It doesn't add Raid NPC's - but faction is now easy to max/bottom out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pending update:

Added Box of the Void, mana batteries, and jade inlaid coffins to one of the giant gnome vendors.

Speaking to the gnomes will allow some faction utilities. Following their prompts, you can check your kromzek, coldain, or clawsofveeshan faction standings. Additional prompts allow you to increase or decrease these factions in small increments. This should help people trying to quest under certain requirements, and people testing faction in general. You can max a faction or bottom it out, then be able to test gains or losses more easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Aussie last seen nerfing troll shaman with gm powers in oasis on blue server. Red as fuck.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few people have sent me PMs regarding npc leveling scripts, spell scribers etc.

Here are my issues:
-The leveling is no problem, but you won't have the correct skills for your level.
Setting skills for level is more complicated.
-Spell scribing is no problem, but you will have spells, and copies of spells that you will never see in game. For example, there are multiple copies of certain spells. This leads to bug reports that are non-issues. Since old zones are not included in the beta, you also can't return home to buy them.

If anyone has suggestions about the above, I will consider them.

Other things I'm considering:
-Adding a vendor for quest gems
-A porting npc, that will take you to requested velious zones.
Can we get faction modifiers for

* KingTormax
* DainFrostreaverIV
* Yelinak

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 04-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Aviak

Not sure if this has been brought up but I /beta'd my mage over today, was logged in neriak. When I popped into the beta server I was in nro & bound there as expected, but was stuck under the world. I gated out, but not sure if re-logging would fix or if anyone else had this happen.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by element08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if this has been brought up but I /beta'd my mage over today, was logged in neriak. When I popped into the beta server I was in nro & bound there as expected, but was stuck under the world. I gated out, but not sure if re-logging would fix or if anyone else had this happen.
This happend to me as well but I gated and was in front of the velious vendors in nro.. Only seems to happen when the character is fresh /beta also the vendors have staffs to port to thurg and the portal vendor if hailed can teleport you to the various zones
Old 04-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by element08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This happened with the first additional character I beta copied over after the fix. Unfortunately the character doesn't have gate and, even though a ranger, I can't find a way to kill myself and respawn. Relogging didn't fix the issue. All other characters copied over don't have this problem though.
Closed Thread