Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Permaban inc
Old 09-29-2018, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Don't use your friend's condition like its a weapon though, that just adds insult to them or to anyone else with varying "worsening" conditions of sorts. Also why put into the question the morals of some GM? How would they even know before you would have mentioned anything to them. They gots rules on here you gotsa follows.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

Jokes and Boxing Paranoia from others aside... on a serious note...

If your friend, wife, or anyone that will ever log into your account that has a IP exemption if they cannot pass a box check (able to respond in English, listen to some simple instructions, and move a character around when instructed to do so) then quite frankly unless you can get a lengthy discussion with lead GM's about your friends disability then I would not bother with IP exemption on this server. Its policed and any suspicious player's could report you at any time (granted it may take a few minutes for a GM to check in on it, it may take hours) could be the next day, could be a week, could be a few months, but eventually you will be box checked. If you read the warning the GM/Guide gave you when they granted your IP exemption this information was included...

Quote:
All parties must be capable of communicating in English with server staff and follow basic commands at any given point.

Remember the rules: 1 client per Real Life player at any time. Deviation from this rule will
result in permanent bans.
This can be rather difficult to abide by if your having someone like... a very young child play, someone who doesn't know English at all, significant others that have absolutely no clue how to control a character in EQ or use the client to type..., people who constantly go afk or leave the distance at which you can communicate with them people with severe disabilities

If your already suspended then you'll have to talk to the server staff anyway about it, whining on the public forums about the GM's will not get you any +faction hits with the GM's
Old 09-29-2018, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Dont multi box man
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:16 AM
Server GM

Your ip exemption request hasn't been approved yet, when it is we will reply to your post. Every time you bump it you go to the bottom of the list.

I don't think you know what "morals" actually mean so I'll give you a pass.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:40 AM
Large Rat

Thank you for all the negative responses hope i never run into you in-game it would ruin our fun .Me and my wife played for a few hours so i dont see how it would let us on for hours then temporarily put a bann on our ip again the next morning. but again thank you
Last edited by craigabot4; 09-29-2018 at 02:45 AM..
Old 09-29-2018, 02:58 AM
Kobold

Hey OP. Please don't mistake this for anything other than friendly advice.

Rule No. 1 - When attempting to receive assistance or help from someone that has the ability to do so, your chances of success are significantly higher when ya DO NOT insult and belittle them on their own forums.

It's kinda like when ya are at a restaurant or have to eat on the run. The likelihood of your food not being as advertised/tampered with is a frightening prospect. Although, comparing fast food to EQ isn't the best analogy ever, it should suffice to get the point across enough so ya can learn and move forward.

Friendly advice man - When first meeting a new person, try treating them how you would want to be treated instead. It's a fantastic way to not only receive the help you need, but make some potentially good buddies in the process. A lot of our gm's are lending their time for free to help out. That's a pretty selfless thing to do. That in combination with respect and gratitude is a fantastic way to building a strong, healthy, foundation for a relationship in which these things often become mutual.

Love, Peace, Unicorns, Rainbows, BFF Bracelets etc.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:56 AM
Large Rat

i dont see how i was negative i was only typing out what we were going threw i didnt intend to belittle or anything like that i dont know what you mean. we played for hours so if we didnt have one how could we play? I have discord if you want to talk to us all 4 of us at the same time if you dont believe me so again thank you for the negativity i appreciate it , and thank you for an response to our plee.
Last edited by craigabot4; 09-29-2018 at 04:15 AM..
Old 09-29-2018, 04:48 AM
Planar Protector

I'm always impressed by the calm, measured responses typical of the CSR on this server.

Good luck with your group of four friends IP exemption.

It is unfortunate that you are 4 friends and your username includes the phrase 'bot4', though.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is unfortunate that you are 4 friends and your username includes the phrase 'bot4', though.
I just lollerskated down the street with bottle rockets attached.
Closed Thread