Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-14-2023, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are curving the original question into something totally different though. I think for your example of running out of mana having more mana etc, before that even creeps up you should be a decent enough player to realize when you are in over your head before it gets to a point that you have no mana or low hp and run away or fd earlier. Sure these situations can happen organically (like getting an add when you are half way thru killing the 1st, and you have to decide to either bail or fd, or stick it out in a tough fight)

I think having the option of more mana for a 1 of fight with say a named mob with fat loot, or an oh shit situation like I mentioned here is far less appealing than just flat out being better 99% of the time.
I am not "curving the original question".

We are discussing SK starting stats. That is the title of the thread. This means we are comparing the merit of putting your points into each stat.

You can give examples where INT is not helping you, and I can give examples where STR (and extra DPS) is not helping you.

This is very straightforward. I have provided examples where INT will help you, and I have actually experienced them.

You need to provide more than "INT will not always help you" as your justification for picking STR. I can also say "STR will not always help you", and be factually correct.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-14-2023 at 05:35 PM..
Old 08-14-2023, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

My bad, I thought we were discussing mating rituals of the earthbound human. Thank you for reminding me what the true point of the discussion is about.

Point is, your situations of having more INT and it being useful / saving your life will creep up FAR, and i meant like 100-1 less often than just being a 4% better killer. If it comes up much more often than that than it means you need to adjust your leveling strategy or you are just a plain bad player.

***DSM replies with "I am insulting him calling him a bad player"***

Maybe at this point, that is what is factually correct in this thread all along.

End thread for me, will continue to read your "get the last word in" replies to others though
Old 08-14-2023, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My bad, I thought we were discussing mating rituals of the earthbound human. Thank you for reminding me what the true point of the discussion is about.

Point is, your situations of having more INT and it being useful / saving your life will creep up FAR, and i meant like 100-1 less often than just being a 4% better killer. If it comes up much more often than that than it means you need to adjust your leveling strategy or you are just a plain bad player.

***DSM replies with "I am insulting him calling him a bad player"***

Maybe at this point, that is what is factually correct in this thread all along.

End thread for me, will continue to read your "get the last word in" replies to others though
Thank you for admitting you cannot prove your point.

You are trying to save face with silly nonsense like this.

You also shouldn't think that calling me a "bad player" is a good argument for your side, or clever. You are basically admitting you couldn't even prove a noob wrong lol.
Old 08-14-2023, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this the newest epic DSM meltdown thread or is there a newer one? Anyone know? It's hard to keep track.
I think this is his only current tantrum.

They happen pretty often though across lots of different sub forums.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-14-2023, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is his only current tantrum.

They happen pretty often though across lots of different sub forums.
The issue is posters like yourself. You are throwing the tantrum and trolling. You are so afraid of possibly being wrong that you think it is a good idea to make fun of people you think are autistic. Truly reprehensible behavior.
Old 08-14-2023, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Only 400 more pages to go fellas!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-14-2023, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Im in.
Lets fuck every

"Hey guys, I'm a newb p99er what's the best combo of stats/equipè/technique for a [insert class/race] plz thnx just general info not gonna raid or twink?"

Im thinkin 700 pages of mostly off topic rambling about what a torpor sham can solo with fungi/manastone.
How a monk can be overweight and function and lastly, tell everyone to stop trolling and only post factual facts with fact based facts to backup those factual facts.
It's just math guys.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

I don't have any hard proof, but I have a growing suspicion DSM is Gregg Turkington workshopping a new character.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure this is all an elaborate troll job by DSM. Take the stance of the know-it-all forum warrior and just argue people to death for some lulz.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycon43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure this is all an elaborate troll job by DSM. Take the stance of the know-it-all forum warrior and just argue people to death for some lulz.
its got to be, several folks have tried to have a conversation and it just wont exist with him. this could be a great resource instead of spamming show me the facts over and over again while telling everyone they are wrong.