Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 09-28-2023, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Kinda cool idea to just make cc not work and everything else some dice roll. Cuz that was end game in classic, you maxed MR so CC didn’t land and everything else was dice roll.

Seems like it’s gunna be all about HP get those adamantite bands out

And strength.

Fun idea
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

The issue is nailing it perfectly. On live it was 99.9 chance resist with 80 mr so it basically didn’t work. Most people had 140 esp rogues in case tash malo you’d still resist but getting those numbers perfect is just annoying. It will change itemization but feel more classic. Items didn’t mean much till velious is the truth.

Full cobalt was pure ac lol.

It’s why that expansion is the best. Fungi was still very important. Epics. Clickies. Boh. Etc. jboots. Mrylo bp etc. itemization mattered but not raw hp ac stat advantage absurd.

The resists on emu have never felt classic and probably led to why they all sucked and felt low skill pvp?
Last edited by Stasis01; 09-28-2023 at 09:23 AM..
Old 09-28-2023, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

The earth pets on last vztz box is all I have to say. That was voidd. Some big pro vztz dev void didn’t notice those earth pets were basically death touching people? Time for a new ceo. Me.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone remember when Red99 was released and with 130 MR you got rooted 50% of the time? Then in Kunark Earth pets had Lure resist rate root. Tstaffs procd 18 seconds?

It makes sense because none of the guys who released it played PVP.

Remember Kringe making those threads with like 1000 casts of root with logs and shit, just feeding Rogean and Nilbog total bullshit?

Whatever, it's safe to say I have the best box since, well probably EMU has ever seen.

You're welcome, play or not IDC I'm doing this to right the wrongs done to us. I may have to learn SQL to implement teams.
Old 09-28-2023, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy/sickpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drugs
Long term drug use leads lost souls down this road.

Pray for op he is very very sick
Old 09-28-2023, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

I’m not sick I’m just on a mission from god to save eq pvp. Problemo?
Old 09-28-2023, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Did anyone know Rogean could have implemented raid variance in like 15 mins and not let Nihilum farm uncontested for years?

L o L

He truly hates you.
Old 09-29-2023, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

Good stuff, not crazy about the snare/root change, maybe just modify resists. Not up to me though! When’s the server drop? Is it live already? Got links?
Old 09-29-2023, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'PVPLevelDifference', '8', 'test');

I'm so close I can taste it.

It's out. Very top of the server list (where we belong).

It's FFA no pvp range 50 can attack level 2, basically hand in your book at level 2.

They deleted all the PVP settings from the master DB or something?(lol) I'm trying to figure out some basic SQL shit but my Rule_values keep getting deleted by the original so I need to come at it from another angle but I am close I can feel it.

If you're not ready to fight be on your toes, but honestly no one plays so no ones getting griefed. But it's the best PVP box out there and easily better than VZTZ.
Last edited by Stasis01; 09-29-2023 at 10:06 AM..
Old 09-29-2023, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by klant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good stuff, not crazy about the snare/root change, maybe just modify resists. Not up to me though! When’s the server drop? Is it live already? Got links?
The other issue is people nowadays will strip chain you, lose all your shit, eat a tash malo, and a snare, with windstrikers on you etc.

Like it's not like the old days at all people can game now even the noobs can handle an assist macro.

In 1999 the real PVP was, your raid ports/zones into a zone. Lets say POH. EVERYONE crashes. The server crashes. People load in scattered alone in a cluster fuck with no leader or team speak. That was classic PVP. I get that's not possible to recreate but it was a beauty.