Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Default 400k to twink out a warrior!

Hi guys, I am looking to switch mains and have made up my mind to twink out a warrior and level him up! After selling off gear from my other toons I'll have about 400k to spend and was looking for some advice mainly on what weapons are best through the various level ranges (i.e. pre dual wield and before / after max hit cap). I was also curious as to people opinions on what slots make the most sense to spend big on to get the most bang for my buck. So far I've got a fungi, CoF, and belt of the great turtle while most of the other slots have 1k-6k items.

FWIW I plan to solo as much as possible until the later stages so I was thinking of splurging for a ring 9 MQ to have the permanent damage shield or eyepatch of plunder loot rights for permanent haste, but the fact that they are no drop gives me pause. Anyways, this is my first time really twinking out a character so all advice and input is greatly appreciated...help me have some fun making this toon a beast!
Old 12-29-2017, 05:54 AM
Sarnak

Gnome wars can buy a 40 percent haste clicky from a tinkerer as part of the cultural armor set if you dont mind going that route
Old 12-29-2017, 06:36 AM
Sarnak

Don't twink him out too heavily. E.g. no NO DROP stuff, only why you can sell again.
Play him up to lvl 40 or 50. Don't need crazy stuff for that. Potions are good, too.
Then you will have a good idea about the class. If you want to continue with it or not. Talk to and inspect other warriors, especially on raids.
My 2 cents. Good luck!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:02 AM
Kobold

Earring 1: Earring of essence
Earring 2: Fingerbone Hoop
Helm: Thurgadin Helm (looks like cowl of mortality)
Face: Faceguard of bentos hero
Chest: Fungi tunic
Neck: Dragon Tooth Choker/NoS
Arms: Thurgadim arms/crystal chitin armsplate
Cloak: CoF/Maelstrom
Belt: RBB/Turtle Belt (depens if cof or maelstrom)
Shoulders: Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons/imbued granite spauldrons (i preff barbed)
Bracers: Silver chiting wrisband x 2
Leggs: Thurg leggs/cobalt leggs/blood runed greaves
Hands: Gauntlets of mortality/ Blood runed Gauntlets/ Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Boots: Barded Dragonscale Boots/crystal chitin boots
Ring1: Djarns Ring
Ring2: Coldain 7-8-9 MQ (depens on your money)
Weapon1: Weavecrasher
Weapon2: Zek blade, Carnage, Edge of Nightwalker (very underated weapon)
2h: Doljonijiarnimorinar (procs 140DD at lvl1, basically a plvl from 1 to 40)
Range item: Idol of throned and a bow for pulls
Old 12-29-2017, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yes you have a twink warrior, congratulations.
Scoojitsu gave you the answer you ought to know
Old 12-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Kobold

if he has 400k to spent its because he has some chars already and he knows the game.
Warrior is not very hard to understand. Just press autattack and taunt.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

buy your friend a mage epic and have the pet PL you 40-60.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Fungi/CoF wurmslayer/frostbringer/ staff battle is all you really need to carry you to 50 easily solo without much investment.

Warrior proc weps to consider having by 50 - 2x bloodpoint, Bloodfire, Truncheon of Doom

You can solo beyond 50 with those proc weps, but it gets harder and harder. Also you dont really get disciplines until youre in your late 50s. Which really changes how you play and brings a whole new (fun) dynamic to the class. If you stick it out till then its really rewarding.

Best of luck.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:56 PM
Banned

Get an exquisite bow and a J Boot MQ. Beat mobs up til you go into beserker. Then run around and bow kite until you 1) Run out of arrows 2) Run out of mobs 3) Have to let a mob beat you up so you go back into beserker.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnome wars can buy a 40 percent haste clicky from a tinkerer as part of the cultural armor set if you dont mind going that route
Oh interesting, how hard is it to get this item? I've never heard of it before. And does anyone know how difficult / expensive it is to keep it charged up? looks like the effect doesn't last that long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't twink him out too heavily. E.g. no NO DROP stuff, only why you can sell again.
Play him up to lvl 40 or 50. Don't need crazy stuff for that. Potions are good, too.
Then you will have a good idea about the class. If you want to continue with it or not. Talk to and inspect other warriors, especially on raids.
My 2 cents. Good luck!
I think this is really solid advice, thanks for the feedback. I was excited to go all out on my first twink project but I should play the class a bit first before I spend a ton of plat on no drop items that I can never resell. And I can get the effects of those items from potions for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes you have a twink warrior, congratulations.
Scoojitsu gave you the answer you ought to know
K thanks for stopping by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff of Battle is OP and cheap
Just picked up one of these, thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meguvin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if he has 400k to spent its because he has some chars already and he knows the game.
Warrior is not very hard to understand. Just press autattack and taunt.
I know a lot about the class I have leveled up to 60 but that knowledge doesn't translate to the best way to gear a warrior or useful twink weapons / items available to warriors. For example, I had never heard of those arms with clicky haste available to gnome warriors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oqrelord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi/CoF wurmslayer/frostbringer/ staff battle is all you really need to carry you to 50 easily solo without much investment.

Warrior proc weps to consider having by 50 - 2x bloodpoint, Bloodfire, Truncheon of Doom

You can solo beyond 50 with those proc weps, but it gets harder and harder. Also you dont really get disciplines until youre in your late 50s. Which really changes how you play and brings a whole new (fun) dynamic to the class. If you stick it out till then its really rewarding.

Best of luck.
Thanks! Grabbed the frostbringer and wurmslayer today along with the SoB...and as I get near 50 I'll definitely look into grabbing those items. I'm wondering if you have any advice about which levels / situations are better for using the SoB instead of the 1 hand weapons?
Closed Thread