Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Also wondering what the experienced warriors out there think of swiftblade of rallos zek or edge of the nightwalker as compared to frostbringer / wurmslayer. Do you find that the performance of those weapons justifies how much more expensive they are? And I am curious to hear feedback from anyone out there who has leveled up using a Doljonijiarnimorinar. Also, I had a few people in game recommend venemous axe of the velium brood as a good weapon to start out with for the level 1 proc and to get a reaver for my 2 handed weapon. Lastly I have heard conflicting things about the regen effect from aura of battle on the belt of the great turtle stacking with fungi regen, anyone have both items who can give a definitive answer to that? Really appreciate all the input from all the experienced warriors out there!
Last edited by remen; 12-30-2017 at 03:27 AM..
Old 12-30-2017, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
swiftblade of rallos zek or edge of the nightwalker as compared to frostbringer / wurmslayer.
Swiftblade/EoN should massively outclass FB/wyrmslayer in dps but FB does have a nice aggro proc

I would use venemous axe and frostbringer for most of a warrior's life
Old 12-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

I would avoid edge of nightwalker unless you think it looks too cool to pass up. Its overly expensive and a winters fury is a better ratio at 1/4th the price.

Swiftblade is a great weapon but its expensive... it really just depends on what you want to do. I would gain some levels with your current low cost weps and see if you actually like the class as mentioned by others.

At level 20 wurmslayer and swiftblade zek are acually comparable in damage. Its not until late 40's that the swiftblade outshines it due to damage bonus.

Staff of battle is good post 20 situationally for damage shield mobs etc.

Venem axe is good as stated, but im not a fan of it as relying on procs in general are too inconsistent compared to just good wep ratio.

Doljon axe is fun early levels for proc but its not going to be noticeably different kill speed wise later on to what you already have.

Bow kitting with exquisite bow is fun for 10 minutes... then you realize you spent 15k to play a crappy bard.

As a caveat, if you actually want to be a warrior and tank for groups etc then weps will be frostbringer/wrapped entropy spine/infestation. Sacrificing good dps for agro procs.

Hehe people say war's are simple class... but they actually require a lot of game mechanic knowledge to eek out bits of efficiency. A good warrior will have many different types of weapons for different situations.

If i were in your shoes - i would wear fungi/cof/hp rings/ any weps and bumrush to late 50s. Then try to join groups to farm velious quested armor.

Save your money for best in slot items that you will never replace. Or if youre confident in your ec flipping - twink him out all the way at level 1 and sell off the gear hopefully making a few thousand plat.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Worn hp regen is capped at 15 on this server.

Youll still get the plus to atk from belt but no the 2hp/tick if you wear fungi same time.

Still best in slot droppable belt by a mile.

Also if you get a clicky breastplate to switch out for heals, youll be super efficient healing with invigor and getting 2hp regen on belt
Old 12-30-2017, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

I'd spend it all on Dwarven Booze, Gnomish Fireworks and Elven Hookers.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargryllz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swiftblade/EoN should massively outclass FB/wyrmslayer in dps but FB does have a nice aggro proc

I would use venemous axe and frostbringer for most of a warrior's life
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqrelord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would avoid edge of nightwalker unless you think it looks too cool to pass up. Its overly expensive and a winters fury is a better ratio at 1/4th the price.

Swiftblade is a great weapon but its expensive... it really just depends on what you want to do. I would gain some levels with your current low cost weps and see if you actually like the class as mentioned by others.

At level 20 wurmslayer and swiftblade zek are acually comparable in damage. Its not until late 40's that the swiftblade outshines it due to damage bonus.

Staff of battle is good post 20 situationally for damage shield mobs etc.

Venem axe is good as stated, but im not a fan of it as relying on procs in general are too inconsistent compared to just good wep ratio.

Doljon axe is fun early levels for proc but its not going to be noticeably different kill speed wise later on to what you already have.

Bow kitting with exquisite bow is fun for 10 minutes... then you realize you spent 15k to play a crappy bard.

As a caveat, if you actually want to be a warrior and tank for groups etc then weps will be frostbringer/wrapped entropy spine/infestation. Sacrificing good dps for agro procs.

Hehe people say war's are simple class... but they actually require a lot of game mechanic knowledge to eek out bits of efficiency. A good warrior will have many different types of weapons for different situations.

If i were in your shoes - i would wear fungi/cof/hp rings/ any weps and bumrush to late 50s. Then try to join groups to farm velious quested armor.

Save your money for best in slot items that you will never replace. Or if youre confident in your ec flipping - twink him out all the way at level 1 and sell off the gear hopefully making a few thousand plat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqrelord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worn hp regen is capped at 15 on this server.

Youll still get the plus to atk from belt but no the 2hp/tick if you wear fungi same time.

Still best in slot droppable belt by a mile.

Also if you get a clicky breastplate to switch out for heals, youll be super efficient healing with invigor and getting 2hp regen on belt
Really appreciate all this input, definitely gone hold off on the higher end and more expensive weapons until I get to the point that I would see a significant difference and know that I'll be playing this character for a while. I'll also grab a WESS for now to use for agro in group situations, thanks for the suggestion.

What makes the turtle belt so much better than something like the blood runed girdle that has more AC, HP, and Str if the regen effect doesn't stack...is the +attack that useful? Even a spider fur belt has more AC / HP in exchange for 5 dex and 10 str, and my understanding is that HP and AC are the 2 most important stats for a warrior. The clicky BP factor is a good point but those aren't useable til level 45 iirc

Lastly, anyone have a good suggestion for the helm slot? I haven't been able to find anything better than a SSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd spend it all on Dwarven Booze, Gnomish Fireworks and Elven Hookers.
Really can't go wrong following this route either! =D
Old 12-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

just 1000 more plat and you could retire him
Old 12-30-2017, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just 1000 more plat and you could retire him
LMAO nice, that's nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Helmet_of_Rallos_Zek
Old 12-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Blade of Carnage
Fungi
CoF
Thats like 350k or so. Throw in some dumb STR gear like gauntlets of potence and thick banded belt you're jolly good until 40's. can run around pantless for all the rest of the gear matters until then.

At 40s's get thurg armor MQ's or sell your BoC and get SS armor MQ's. Only better gear than those for war is NToV or WToV no drop stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Closed Thread